Nisekoi - Vol. 25 Ch. 229 - Promise

damn the ending and the overall manga is too beautiful in my opinion, how characters that absolutely hate each other, grows together, just by being together and doing small stuff day by day until it became something quite precious to both of them, is just too amazing

Gonna be real, that ending was kinda disappointing to me but it is what it is and honestly, it was such a great series that I acc dont mind.

Dex-chan lover
Damn already 2023 for some reason I still got Pissed not because He didn't choose onodera but not using True Harem End Card.

Dex-chan lover
Like, I get that Chitoge and Raku finally got together. I was  really hoping for a harem ending but forced between the two, Chitoge ending was a bold decision that the mangaka earned with his story. It was always going to be hard overcoming the initial love interest between Raku and Onodera. But ultimately, Onodera didn't act when she clearly had the advantage and, since life isn't static, her loss and Chitoge's gain.

...which is what I would have said without this chapter. What a ridiculous time skip. It took about this time for Raku to fall out with Onodera, why didn't this happen with Chitoge? Is she "special" for plot convenience, that this long-distance relationship can work? Surely they would have grown apart in that time being away from each other, since Raku grew away from Onodera when they were together. Honestly, what a way to make the 200+ chapters that clawed their way into a Chitoge ending irrelevant. At the same time an Onodera ending would have been bad too since it would have made the entire manga just filler, knowing that Raku and Onodera would get together anyways.

In the end this ending leaves a bitter feeling in my heart, that no matter what ending was chosen, it would not have been the good ending. Everything before chapter 215 is a slow buildup, 225 is by far the most ambitious through Raku's rejection or Onodera, and chapter 229 canonically destroys every argument in favor of a Raku-Chitoge ship. The only good thing is the Ruri-Shuu ship, which even then didn't need the time skip, I found the way it ended to be charming as it was.

I hope to never read harem like this again, 3/10

Last edited:
Wow, wow, wow. What a great end to an amazing manga. All characters got closure, and really good closure at that. As another guy said, it's an honour just to be able to read this, and free thanks to MangaDex. This last arc was incredibly well written and beautifully organized. I can't say that enough. Still confused about Raku's mother's mysteriousness, but that's fine.

This manga was definitely a wild ride. I'm always a big fan of first impressions so frankly the first ~50 chapters'll always be the most memorable to me, but the quality and consistency of this manga never strayed.

But, I can't say I'm a fan of them not kissing after several years, especially since they do meet on occasion as Raku said. Well, it'd be unrealistic if they got married really early and weird to timeskip twice so I get it.

I haven't read many manga, but this is definitely going in my favourites list. Genius but also incredibly passionate work by Naoshi Komi. Imagine if this guy pulled a Steins;Gate VN and made endings for all of the girls 😂

Welp, time to read the extras!

Users who are viewing this thread