Nito no Taidana Isekai Shoukougun ~Saijaku Shoku "Healer" nano ni Saikyou wa Cheat desu ka?~ - Ch. 30.1 - The Day a Country Disappear

Power Uploader
Our boy is an ice cold healing/killing machine.
Not really, he has Toa and the other two that would be extremely sad if he didn’t return…

in fact something is telling me they might show up to pull him back from the … abyss…

Power Uploader
Justice is just civilized version of revenge. It's tit for tat, but carried out by third party, and following clearly defined rules known ahead of time. "You do X, and the punishment for it will be Y." The impartiality, the prior clarity are all there to prevent escalation, while still providing the punishment (and the disincentive to do it in the first place).

Masamune is doing it personally, in response to what was done to him. That's revenge. And he's right to do it.

The question is whether he will go too far. And if his goal is to wipe out his entire class -- that's too far. Punishment must be proportional to the crime and the culpability. And yet... He is right that the rest of the class does bear some degree of culpability for his bullying.

Dragon's Heart is essentially an extrajudicial justice group. I.e. vigilantes. They're not doing it in response to wrongs done to themselves, but rather wrongs done to other people. One can argue that they're going beyond pure justice. However, some of the "innocents" that they're killing are people that knew about the crimes, and could have done something about the crimes, but didn't. Guilt by inaction. However, even that shouldn't apply to children. At best, you can only justify this as an action like war, in which innocents necessarily die.

A complicating factor here is this comes from Japan, which is less driven by morality and more driven by purity. So it this series ends up seeing a problem with Masamune, it's more likely to be associated with his having been "tainted" by the actions that he takes. (E.g. consider Demon Slayer Train Arc where we get a very clear picture of how insanely pure the hero's soul is -- i.e. it's not just that he's nice, but rather that his soul is pure.) Japanese authors usually don't look at "justice" the same way the west does.

I'll note that there's a lot of nuance and variance in this work. E.g. look at Reyd Black in the Reynault kingdom. Masamune directly equates him to Saeki (Masamune's number one bully). Reyd just straight up tries to murder Masamune just because Masamune is an unknown. And this guy is the number two "white knight" of the kingdom. Does he get punished for this? Not at all. So what's that say about the kingdom that employs him? At best they're realists who find bastards like Reyd to be useful.
One COULD argue that Dragon’s Heart is a independant (vigilante) group that holds the corrupt to the measure of what they determine to be “moral” or “legal”. No, perhaps they do not seek ’Justice’ per se, but if there is a lack of consequences for those who do evil and corrupt things, they, ’Dragon‘s Heart’ provide it in lue of. Whether the LAWS of said countries have a morality non-corrupt law/practice whichever or not.

We are lead to believe that some countries are “more evil” or “more corrupt” than others. I find myself wondering of the country Nito has ‘allied’ himself with, for lack of a better term, will attempt to use him in corrupted ways eventually or know enough to leave him be. (Perhaps even allow tidbits of advantageous intel to reach him, tho that might be using him in yet another way).

It is true however every time I pick up a manga, I need to recentre myself from a “West/Canadian” value system and consider carefully the ASIAN/Japanese value system…

Dex-chan lover
For those who are happy about this and said it was a good revenge, or maybe "Justice has been served", I'll just say this:

Justice in human hands is the peak of Injustice in and of itself.

Try to think about it and interpret what I am trying to say. I'll give you a keyword: Subjectivity.

"If you kill your enemies, they win."

"They need those Nikes to feed their families!"

"These mass murdering, serial torture addicts didn't deserve to be punished. Dey wuz a good boi an girl, dey dindu nuffin!"

Dex-chan lover
Now this is some good ol revenge none of that they had a reason bs. you live you act and receive the consequences of those acts.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
This made me remember Redo of Healer and I didn't want to remember that :huh:

Double-page supporter
I was going to drop it if it went the route that the king of her managed to escape.

Sociopaths often tend to empathize with the villains more than the actual protagonist when it comes to killing as you can tell from the above comments.
"NNNNNOOOOOO MUH MC CAN'T KILL THE ENEMY! IF YOU KILL YOUR ENEMIES, THEY WIN!"

Dex-chan lover
was looking forward to this since the start

im honestly surprised he actually killed her as with most other series it usually drags on and it just dont happen but this was nice

now its time for the other students

and i swear better be no bs with it

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting the author has been skipping mentioning what Nito chooses as loot from the kills. That way the author can later, even much later, mention it offhandedly, to allow the MC to have any particular skill a new scene or arc happens to require, without forcing the author to plan it all beforehand. It's terribly lousy writing, but this is trash isekai, so it fits the bill.

Dex-chan lover
That's disappointing. I was releived when he didn't keep up the edgelord act that he had in ch1 but now he's back into it. Hope it doesn't stay that way.

Aggregator gang
now what he will do, he pretty much achieved his revenge, will he kill himself (as he himself mentioned that he shouldn't be alive), will he try to live a normal life, adventuring or try to go back to his world.
Not exactly. Those other students who were also being bullies will get a taste soon

Users who are viewing this thread