No Home - Ch. 242 - Haejoon Goh's Home (8)

Dex-chan lover
I want to say that NOW is a valid time to go hard against the father. It was fine to have suspicions before, but now is when they've basically been confirmed and actual criticism is warranted. Haejoon wanted to get more information, and anyone who was criticizing the father before we had that information was basically also criticizing Haejoon for wanting to find out more information.

I also want to say that the majority of the suspicions from comments were not about this.

---

As a separate but related matter, I find it really weird that the artist... Didn't draw the mother in more covering clothes. The explicit thing that gave Eunyung suspicion. We don't actually see any of that art/those photos. At least, I don't think so?

Dex-chan lover
Wow that's crazy, it's almost as if the story has been trying to communicate to us from the start that the Dad was very suspicious. Gotta love being able to critically engage, and analyze media!

Feel really bad for Haejoon because after what he's been through he deserves the world. I am glad he didn't immediately tell Eunyung off, and trusted his input. Although it is concerning how he immediately asked and was gonna believe his father until he opened his big mouth, but I get why he was so ready to believe he was a good guy and to prove Eunyung wrong. Worried that this will cause them to fight again, and I hope his dad doesnt try to pull anything.

Eunyung was really trying to help him without addressing it directly… I knew the dad was suspicious, I just knew. It’s sad that Haejoon hopes of having a parent in his life is crushed like that. I really want the next chapter to come 😔.

Dex-chan lover
damn. at first i thought the clothes were a sign that the dad was conservative/controlling (not too far off) but once haejoon took the book back it clicked ☹️

Welp, I didn't expect it to turn like... this, I guess. I had my suspicions just on how Haejoon's father and uncle were discussing. And I imagined it was as if something clicked on Haejoon, deep inside :/c because it's highly possible he may have seen/heard his parents discussing when he was quite younger (and maybe watched the whole thing when it became physical). I don't like how the father mentions he didn't even touch him, and the next panel we are shown it's a younger Haejoon with longer sleeves ._. (which might mean anything but that, but... you know).

I just want these kids to live "okay". Haejoon just wanted in some way to reconnect to the family he never knew (or barely remembered) because of the circumstances, because even if he has friends, his mother was the only blood family figure he had close to him... and then the accident happened and he might still be feeling guilty about it altogether.

I somewhat admire (?) Eunyung being much more wary of the dude once he saw the pictures because he is himself a victim of domestic abuse ._.

A very heartbreaking chapter all the way, regardless.

Man they've really grown. Old Haejoon would've definitely hit him by now and Eunyung would have never tried to look out for him like this, especially after being rebuffed so strongly and being wrong about the uncle.

Group Leader
That Haejoon face again 🥲 But props to Eunyung for doing what he did, he's just looking out for him and it's not out of jealousy. Even if they are not blood-related, Eunyung really became like his family.

wanan has always been subtle with the message they're trying to tell. I think the last picture with tiny haejoon and the mom wearing an outer was one of the pic eunyung pointed out. I guess the intention with only showing one of those pics was to highlight back towards eunyung's background and his hypersensitivity towards dv. but yeah, I agree that there should have been more pictures just so that the readers can sympathetize(?) more.
As a separate but related matter, I find it really weird that the artist... Didn't draw the mother in more covering clothes. The explicit thing that gave Eunyung suspicion. We don't actually see any of that art/those photos. At least, I don't think so

Users who are viewing this thread