No Home - Ch. 47 - Marie Kim (8)

Group Leader
You're not allowed to call her a bitch, Bitch-bro. From the first chapter I saw this guy I knew I would want to beat his ass out of existence.
For what she did to Haejoon, she's still a bitch; but that father and brother are worse than bitches, they are C_NTS. May those two c-nts soon get everything they deserve. Run Marie, run. And I hope to god you've been spitting in their food this whole time.
One last thing, why the eff can't that pos brother order his own damn chicken, his hands ain't broke (not yet).

the domestic violence reveal doesn't feel that... sudden? surprising? out-of-place? idk which word carries the right connotation :/ but thinking back to chapter 2 where haejoon and eunyung were beating each other's asses to the point of bleeding, i had a feeling there'd be some dark elements in the series

I'm actually glad there are people in the comments who see this chapter as cartoonishly evil because it means their lives were very good up to this point and even sheltered from outside sources so they're oblivious to how domestic violence is.
This kind of hatred and exploitation of the female child is sadly common in Korea. It's a hardcore patriarchal society and they're not much better than the famously terrible treatment of women in China.

Can I challenge that piece of garbage to the battle?
My younger brother tried to suffocate me because we had a fight and I turned off internet that he would do his homework long time ago so I won't forgive anyone for this shit.

Group Leader
Oof. Yeah I remember when my dad took my door-having privileges. Twice.

Relating hard to Marie. I think a lot of people presume abuse victims are all Matilda-like, still kind and gentle and honest regardless of their circumstances. The desperation, the constant dread, dehumanizing others to feel less guilty about hurting for your own survival. You know it's wrong but it's just get-out-get-out-get-out-please-let-me-out.
Not gonna read the comments on this. People struggle to lend empathy to nuanced female characters on a good day.

Dex-chan lover
MARIE I UNDERSTAND YOU, I ALSO USED TO GO THROUGH THE SAME SHIT WITH MY BROTHER, THE ONLY THING LEFT TO DO IS ALSO RESORT TO VIOLENCE BUT BECAUSE ONE IS WEAKER NEVER TURNS OUT AS ONE WANTS, YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL
Thumbnail

Users who are viewing this thread