Noa-senpai wa Tomodachi. - Ch. 14 - Noa-Senpai and Pizza

Group Leader
just a silly little question but i was wondering if people would rather i write the names or 'you' when doing the translation. like whenever rihito and noa talk to each other, instead of having them refer to each other as 'rihito-kun' and 'noa-senpai', for them to refer to each other as 'you'

Dex-chan lover
just a silly little question but i was wondering if people would rather i write the names or 'you' when doing the translation. like whenever rihito and noa talk to each other, instead of having them refer to each other as 'rihito-kun' and 'noa-senpai', for them to refer to each other as 'you'
that is pretty much left up to you to make a judgement call on whether it would sound more correct for them to call the name of the person, or if it's just chitchat in a passing conversation where using "you" just feels more natural.

Translations are more about getting the gist of the situation at hand across, rather than trying to aim for a "perfect" transcription. That's kinda impossible unless you are a native in both languages (and cultures for that matter), and even then your written skills need to be sublime.

giving concrete examples for this chapter imo:
page 1: rihito-kun
page 2: you
page 5: you
page 11: "I will never give up my friendship with you" or "the friendship I have with you"

These do be sounding more natural under the given circumstances, at least to my ear.

Dex-chan lover
Damnnnn even in weekends he has to work overtime in his senpais house

By playing and eating pizza!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The "gallon" weapon reference could be either the .96 gal or the .52 gal, but I don't know why someone would recommend them to a charger player. My Splatoon instincts want to say she was suggesting one of the Splatling weapons. Perhaps she was suggesting the .96 gal Deco since that comes with Kraken Royale, a really good special for the Tower Control mode they were playing on, and its long range would be familiar to a charger player, but it could also be the regular .52 gal since the Killer Wail would let it pressure enemies off of the tower as well as disrupt their supposed area control.

I can't say for certain since I don't know the Japanese names for the weapons. From a cursory search, the Japanese refer to the .96 gal as .96ガロンデコ

Users who are viewing this thread