Noa-senpai wa Tomodachi. - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Noa-Senpai and Her Late Twenties

Dex-chan lover
I'll assume the explanation on shaders comes from the manga, judging from where it is. And from that, that this is what that specific shader is doing.

Because despite the name, shaders are more codes dealing with visual effects. Yes, you can use it to make shadows, but you can also use it to make liquids inside bottles that move with the physics where by default would just be a solid model, for example (well, I don't remember exactly what game did this, I think it was Red Dead Redemption 2? Wait, it was in first person so probably not that one? But it was done in a popular game already).

Dex-chan lover
Thinking of it, there's no modern manga with adult female character talking about being content with single life, is there. It's always "I hope I find someone soon" and no "I am genuinely happy with what I have right now and a man (or a woman) will not make significant improvement"

The only ones that had about the latter, from the top of my head, is just the (Section Chief) Shima Kosaku series and Papa Told Me series, and both are manga that was published from the late 80s.

Supporter
I'll assume the explanation on shaders comes from the manga, judging from where it is. And from that, that this is what that specific shader is doing.

Because despite the name, shaders are more codes dealing with visual effects. Yes, you can use it to make shadows, but you can also use it to make liquids inside bottles that move with the physics where by default would just be a solid model, for example (well, I don't remember exactly what game did this, I think it was Red Dead Redemption 2? Wait, it was in first person so probably not that one? But it was done in a popular game already).
You might be thinking of Half-Life: Alyx
Also, based scanlator with priorities, hope you're winning your games

Group Leader
ok i swear this isnt me coping but mangadex is definitely changing the order of the pages by themselves. like bro the funny anya gif is supposed to be in the middle of the chapter. how do u fix this

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the great translation as always.. But mygod, the story is a bit frustrating..

Dex-chan lover
Thinking of it, there's no modern manga with adult female character talking about being content with single life, is there. It's always "I hope I find someone soon" and no "I am genuinely happy with what I have right now and a man (or a woman) will not make significant improvement"

The only ones that had about the latter, from the top of my head, is just the (Section Chief) Shima Kosaku series and Papa Told Me series, and both are manga that was published from the late 80s.
Aren't most manga with adult male characters also like that?

This is the first time I ever feel the need to comment on mangadex. Ok so. Shaders. They're code that gets executed as the graphics are being processed sorta. There's several types of them, like vertex shaders, fragment shaders, geometry shaders and so on (first 2 are the most relevant probably). Basically, you give them information about the vertices of the triangles that make up your images. The vertex shader processes that info and you can change stuff about the vertices. Then the fragment shader does the rasterization and stuff (baiscally it goes like: ok so which pixels are contained within this triangle made of the vertices you gave me and which color do I give them?) so you can set color, do textures and more. The rest is more complicated but that's the short of it, you can do a lot more than just shadows and lights with them.

(God I feel like a nerd, sorry, I'm an IT student, had to)

Dex-chan lover

Well, as far as I know the Japanese are very focused on... well focusing, on studying and clubs (the famous go-home club from mangas is apparently not as popular in real life), then on their job, and meanwhile they are still pushed by society to find a match after school but as soon as possible to marry and have children.

So no wonder so few women want it, it is a cultural societal pressure.

Yes, but there are less cultural significance when it's a man.
As far as I know they are still pressured into it, and looked down on when they take too long, but not as much. Probably because men are fertile until their old age while women have the age limit of menopause.
It is a societal pressure for procreation after all (that is still not able to be done properly due to all the other societal pressures, but still).

You might be thinking of Half-Life: Alyx
Also, based scanlator with priorities, hope you're winning your games
Very likely, yeah.

(God I feel like a nerd, sorry, I'm an IT student, had to)
You're a TI student. We are nerds.
Or is it geeks? I think are more into the hardware stuff (those guys making top of the line gamer computers)?

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing most anime moms are made to be somewhere in their 30s, since... well, they have a culture of trying to get married before they get to 25, or so their "christmas cake" memes say, so in anime where characters are usually between 8 to 16...

Dex-chan lover
currently suffering from valorant withdrawal syndrome. also it should be “have the most fun” not “feel the most fun” but mobile makes me want to cry so im not editing that. anyways merry christmas
im not gonna lie, u picked a HELL of a moment to stop and start working on this chapter lmao

Dex-chan lover

Because people are made to want to have kid? We evolved this way, as we need to have kid if we dont want our specie, country, culture or family to disapear...
Because westerner consider that dying alone abandoned in a shitty place were only your most basic need are provided by nurse is good, dont mean it realy is.

On top of this, women cant have kid their entire life, and the more a woman wait to have kid the more likely the kid is to have health issue. Having kid after 30 mean that the kid will be, more often than not, less healthy than if the mother had it at 20.

But the main reason is simple, most women want kid. That's as simple as this. No it's not "the society" or anything this grand, it's women themself that want to have kid.
Look at all women that only think of their work and wake up at 35/40 seeing that their chance to have kid are extremely slime, they get absolutly depressed by it.

Users who are viewing this thread