Noragami - Ch. 108 - Yato-gami

Main characters would sacrifice their loved ones to save many, while villains would destroy the world to save their loved ones. Do it!
I hate this manga now for killing her, I thought we would get an ending where old grandma Hiyorin sitting on her chair watching Yato smiling outside the window.

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter could potentially be the last one.

The series is supposed to end by the end of this year, and usually final chapters are on the longer side, so best case scenario we have two more releases, with a 108-3 in December being the end of the road. Considering the significance of the number 108 in Buddhism, I do think it'd be fitting to have the series end with 108 chapters.

she might revive, but the cost would be huge. On top of the potential cost of this 'miracle'(some sort of sacrifice wpuld make sense), being a mortal prevents her to be with yato much more time anyway. It's better for her to remain a shiki...

the worst conclusion would be to pull a Dbz wish and revert everything..
On the best I think she will stay with yato, I have the theory that she can regain her memories and her name without losing herself because she didn't had a death that puts her against the world, her conclusion was yato's and her fault, but not an accident nor abuse/tragedy... her regret that keeped her in this world was to leave yato..

Dex-chan lover
she might revive, but the cost would be huge. On top of the potential cost of this 'miracle'(some sort of sacrifice wpuld make sense), being a mortal prevents her to be with yato much more time anyway. It's better for her to remain a shiki...

the worst conclusion would be to pull a Dbz wish and revert everything..
On the best I think she will stay with yato, I have the theory that she can regain her memories and her name without losing herself because she didn't had a death that puts her against the world, her conclusion was yato's and her fault, but not an accident nor abuse/tragedy... her regret that keeped her in this world was to leave yato..
I'm expecting something along the lines of Yato trading his godhood for her life. Might be a bit of a fairy tale ending, but perhaps the series ends with Yato as a human, with them able to stay together.

Aggregator gang
I would love a bittersweet but hopeful ending for these three, and I can see that even if he saves her.

I don't think reviving her would necessarily be an asspull. Hiyori is already an exceptional existence, being part living human, part ayakashi. Her death is equally exceptional: no damage to the body nor the spirit, just that the link between them was forcibly broken. Thus, this is a novel situation, where not even gods know how things can or should play out. It would not be unreasonable for there to be a method to repair the damage. Even in reality, there have been people who were "clinically dead", yet successfully revived. So who's to say that it is impossible for the link to be restored?

Of course, it's all predicated on good writing. Just because there can totally be a reasonable, believeable method of reviving Hiyori, doesn't mean the author will write one. I hope there will be one, because the existence of a living human-ayakashi-shinki hybrid sounds cool as fuck to me, but we'll just have to see.

Aggregator gang
Pls pls pls pls pls 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

People are calling her potentially coming back an ass pull but her death was an even bigger ass pull. She did nothing, walked into the final battle, and immediately was killed? That death isn't fitting it her character
Fr this series always kept Hiyori very pure, at the cost of her agency. I’ve long accepted that norogami fumbles a little bit with it’s female character writing. I still love reading it regardless

Dex-chan lover
you're not allowed to leave,
there's probs 3 chapters of this shit
part 2 of "Yatogam"
and the last 2 parts of the final chapter
stay
I really don’t care, I’d rather not see where the progressive degeneration of a series I used to really enjoy ends, thanks for reminding me to unfollow

Dex-chan lover
I really don’t care, I’d rather not see where the progressive degeneration of a series I used to really enjoy ends, thanks for reminding me to unfollow
I mean, it's not like you're paying to read this series bro. And it's not like one has to go out of their way to find chapters for this series, in comparison to so many other series out there. With just a small handful of chapters left, you might as well see the series through, especially after following it for over a hundred chapters now.

I know a lot of people in the comments are hesitant on how to feel about this development but I for one can accept her coming back as totally possible. First of all, her body is relatively intact and only her connection to her body has been broken. Moreover, yato also has her soul in his hands. Who’s to say you can’t bind her soul to her body using the brush (I know it’s broken by now but just an example) or some other means and call it a day. Even just breaking the taboo for shinki and letting her know about her past could revert her to the same soul with the same memories she had before and then she could try going in her body or something. My examples are all lacking which is I really wish the author can give a really good reason for bringing her back because there’s potential for it to work. If she was a normally human being and if she didn’t have her soul out of her body for 80% of this series then I’d have no hope and would call bringing her back an asspull. But for now, I’m still hoping for the best.

Dex-chan lover
I know a lot of people in the comments are hesitant on how to feel about this development but I for one can accept her coming back as totally possible. First of all, her body is relatively intact and only her connection to her body has been broken. Moreover, yato also has her soul in his hands. Who’s to say you can’t bind her soul to her body using the brush (I know it’s broken by now but just an example) or some other means and call it a day. Even just breaking the taboo for shinki and letting her know about her past could revert her to the same soul with the same memories she had before and then she could try going in her body or something. My examples are all lacking which is I really wish the author can give a really good reason for bringing her back because there’s potential for it to work. If she was a normally human being and if she didn’t have her soul out of her body for 80% of this series then I’d have no hope and would call bringing her back an asspull. But for now, I’m still hoping for the best.
It's why it's potentially possible here. Most spirits seem to have been dead for a bit. But she's just died, and her spirit has been used to regularly leaving her body. If this had been a day later, no chance. But at this moment? It's the only time it would seem viable for this to work.

Dex-chan lover
Fr this series always kept Hiyori very pure, at the cost of her agency. I’ve long accepted that norogami fumbles a little bit with it’s female character writing. I still love reading it regardless
Definitely agree. Nora is the most fleshed out female character by far because she's allowed to do things, including bad ones. Even Bishamon gets sidelined and she's a whole war god

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's not like you're paying to read this series bro. And it's not like one has to go out of their way to find chapters for this series, in comparison to so many other series out there. With just a small handful of chapters left, you might as well see the series through, especially after following it for over a hundred chapters now.
I have limited time and attention, and as you said, nobody's been paid anything for this in any stage I appreciate the translator's work, but even if I liked this in the past, it's such a trainwreck now that I don't want to and don't need to finish it
there's zero issue with reading the parts that I enjoyed, and dropping it after that.
Definitely agree. Nora is the most fleshed out female character by far because she's allowed to do things, including bad ones. Even Bishamon gets sidelined and she's a whole war god
that's actually a really good observation- that's probably what has never sat right with me about this series, even nominally with a female MC, it's very... limited? in how it uses it's female characters, to the point where, as you said it feels like nora is the only female character who matters - the god of misfortune stays sitting around all day, bisha- uh, just never does anything
hiyori seems to have been relegated to a side role, and has just sorta been unceremoniously killed off
uh- who else even is there-

Users who are viewing this thread