Noragami - Vol. 27 Ch. 108.2 - Yato-gami

Dex-chan lover
my guess is that when the shiki are given their names to be used by the gods, they are properly dead, but since for Hyori, it happened while the world was messed up by Yato's dad, it wasn't fully completed allowing her soul to return to her body. Probably also a little fuckery pulled by Amaterasu
I think another part is that she died and was named in the fake world yato's dad made, so she wasn't fully considered dead in the real world. The name Hakki was never uttered there, and never acknowledged by the laws of the world

Fed-Kun's army
Glad I'm not the only one got confused with this chapter. Too many plot points scattered everywhere and I can't connect the dots.

Did Hiyori finally got her ties with Yato properly severed, based on her expression in the last panel?
I know the gravekeeper has been taken care of, but who is this other lifeline and what happened with him, so the lifeline is severed?

Aggregator gang
I think another part is that she died and was named in the fake world yato's dad made, so she wasn't fully considered dead in the real world. The name Hakki was never uttered there, and never acknowledged by the laws of the world
I think this is the best explanation so far.

She was killed and then named in that distorted world, where everything was in-between reality and perversion. Of course Amaterasu would hate to acknowledge anything that happened there!

Renouncing the name Hakki would sever away the remains of what happened in fathers world. Everything goes back to following Amaterasu’s rule in her domain.

Aggregator gang
I know the gravekeeper has been taken care of, but who is this other lifeline and what happened with him, so the lifeline is severed?
I’m confused about this too! I thought Father severed the tie to the boy himself, but he seemed surprised that that line was cut…
Honestly, I don’t know/don’t remember how he was even able to possess humans. There’s a chance we’ll learn more in January

Dex-chan lover
Such a great end for that trash. He stayed the trash that he is, no redemption. He also never had anyone with him nor did his wish to destroy everything nor see kaya again get fulfilled.

I'm so clueless tho wtf happened after and I'm kinda pissed with amaterasu acting so high and might what did she even do lol

Not sure if I see it correctly, but it's a nice parallel bisha and yato has. Although right now bisha has the good ending I guess while yato has the bittersweet one.

Lastly yato's line 😭😭😭
I'll give you all that I am

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Can anyone explain who is "you" in the third from the last page?
Also what covenant is she talking about from the next page?
Or are we all in the dark about this?

Fed-Kun's army
At least Father is dead. And died in a pathetic way like he deserved.

I still don't know what to think about this. Gonna wait till the final chapter before reaching a conclusion.

As much as i hate the father, I despise Amaterasu more for being such a useless slob.
yeah true, it just goes back like the dad said back in ch.99
dc8e9ebe1c2de597fd00cd6d038659c116b0eb76.jpg

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Father should've won it all, and specially fuck Yamato. Hate that bitch and I wish Father would've murdelized her. Trash ending, garbage series.

Dex-chan lover
I think I understood what happened but I binged around 8 chapters at once.

Fed-Kun's army
Okay, so this was confusing as hell. Last I checked, there was no precedent for a shiki to return to human, so it feels like a deus ex to save a main character, and I'm pretty sure this ain't the first time Adachitoka did this.

Like, even if Hiyori was always unique among all entities in this manga, they could've at least set up some of these reveals. And the war against Father being so poorly explained doesn't help it either. It really feels like a rushed ending. Still left to know what happens with Yato after this to make sure.

I enjoyed this chapter, but I'm also hopelessly in love with the main trio and their development throughout the series. Anyone else not in my camp is entirely justified to think this is garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread