Noragami

Double-page supporter
back and forth and back and forth and back and ...
it's tiring
basically, every story in this manga come from miscommunication

Well, I do tend to nag a lot about the slow releases and the small amount of content each month, but...

this month's chapter was good, imho.

Starts off somewhat passable in the 1st chapter. But it feels as if the author is purposefully making all his characters either boring or unlikeable. You're supposed to hook your readers right from the very beginning, but that's really hard to do without an interesting plot or likeable characters to root for.

in the end i couldn't get passed chapter 4 without thinking "what's the point in reading this"

The story is so slow I forgot about it. Guess I'll wait for the manga to end and then read all at once.

Dex-chan lover
@hokujin you have some weird demand here. 4 chapter at beast is one episode for a anime. And most shounen, non filler shonen, take at least 2 episode just for the origin and introduction alone. And also, a unlikable character can have room for grow and development. This go the route where you learn more about the world building and character as the story go. Unless you can only enjoy the episodic pattern where thing is predictable like in One Piece where you learn everything about them in their arc and origin when they join the crew.
You should watch the anime first, it will may more appealing.

@Tcof Basic storytelling techniques aren't "strange" things to demand. You seem to be mistaking my argument as "pro-flat character" and "anti-character arc". But both have their uses, and i don't actually care either way. Also making the Main Protagonist unlikable at the start, only to make him grow to be likeable is madness. It's something you would to for a supporting character, or your other main characters.

The Main Protagonist is supposed to be identifiable. Their goals and feelings attach the reader to the story. How are you supposed to identify with someone who's made to be unlikeable. In fact I've reread the beginning, skipping the "okay" yet completely pointless 1st chapter. Wouldn't you know it, the story actually became more tolerable. Especially since you completely skip the part where the author tries his hardest to distance the readers from the Main Protag. Unfortunately i still ended up reading the 1st chapter afterwards and remembered why i eventually dropped it.

Dex-chan lover
@hokujin the mc or i would say the point of view you need (and can) follow here is the heroine. now that you mention, You maybe right about the first chapter. I first watch the anime and the first chapter is like some first minutes of the show so it never weight that much (it like 3 or 5 minutes or something) look like short opening scene with some action which i find the protagonist's unreliable hilarious .
Now back to the topic likeable character: the heroine is my favorite character (not just in this manga, i mean just favorite character in general). That is my defend

I just... don't like the characters anymore. It's been too long lolol

Fed-Kun's army
Lol I remember watching the anime when I was still in high school bro wut

Group Leader
i remember watching the anime a few years ago, this is still ongoing?

Group Leader
does anyone know why the chapters are broken in half now? thanks for the updates!!

Dex-chan lover
After the hiatus, this new arc kinda redone the the character. They literally dig their old mistake which lead to terrible outcome before. Have they learn nothing ?
Yato, once again, sneaked and do some shit but say nothing
Yukine doubt his master, think he get abandoned. again
Hiyori probably gonna save their ass again, as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread