Not-Sew-Wicked Stepmom

ohoho I've been waiting!!!!! I'm going to read the novel before reading this AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOIUHYGBNJKJIUHYGTFDGGYUIOJHG

can't wait for serialization~ I've always wanted to read this as a manhwa! ...I gotta breathe!

Contributor
Okay this series is great—amazing, even!—but what I've come to complain about right now is that the title chosen for the official English translation seems comparatively awful. >.>

The protagonist's enjoyment of sewing and/or fashion is definitely a thing, but has never ever felt like a defining aspect of the character or the series to me. Why shove a such a stiff pun in sideways like that...?

It feels like an editor said, "well, romances with crafts in them are doing well lately, so..."

Okay this series is great—amazing, even!—but what I've come to complain about right now is that the title chosen for the official English translation seems comparatively awful. >.>

The protagonist's enjoyment of sewing and/or fashion is definitely a thing, but has never ever felt like a defining aspect of the character or the series to me. Why shove a such a stiff pun in sideways like that...?

It feels like an editor said, "well, romances with crafts in them are doing well lately, so..."
click bait i would imagine. Also, it is rather prominent in the later chapters, so it´s not entirely unfounded.

Dex-chan lover
Author is fucking lazy. He makes MC being a clothing "Designer" but hat no idea what a modern Designer, or clothing designer does in reality.
This ain't the medieval times where she got her profession from, the designers job doesn't include things like mass production anymore. It feels like the author just gave her the title of designer to justify dumping all soft skills/ hard skills and theoretical knowledge on her that a designer, factory worker, sewer, industrial engineer and economics consultant would know. It's insane how broad her field of expertise is and that she was relatively poor in modern times or wasn't scouted by the government with that kind of learning abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread