Notify User for new updated chapter.

As i have read the planned/rejected pin post i still want to add this feature.
This feature was rejected under Chapter Listing -> Notifications/indicator of updated previous chapter.
Still i would like to know if this will be possible?

Rules:
1. The User need to Follow the manga and in "Reading" status.
md210.png

2. The User need to add the correct chapter number. (for example the latest chapter is 11).
md310.png

3. The Uploader need to push notification upon upload automatically or manually(depends on the devs) if they meet the rules 1 & 2 above. The notification well be sent to the Notification Page.
md110.png
md410.png

Something like "New Update Chapter 12[Chapter number] in https://mangadex.org/title/34605[manga link while hiding the direct link]"

Edit: this was already a feature, I am sorry.
We can also add some features like Red Exclamation Point or red dot or anything to the Username and Notification as an awareness that we have a notification.

The reason i suggest this is because it's hard to keep up updated daily/weekly/monthly by browsing each manga you like.
This will ease searching for newly uploaded chapter.

Supporter
Fuck no man my notification box would be constantly overfilled and I do not want to have to deal with that.

Fuck no man my notification box would be constantly overfilled and I do not want to have to deal with that.

yeah that sucks i guess.. how about adding notification button per manga page to enable/disable the feature.

Supporter
if they give us an option to enable or disable this feature then sure I won't speak against it if they decide to implement this.

Fed-Kun's army
The Follows page already helps you keep track of the newly updated chapters no?

Fed-Kun's army
If its already been rejected.... odds are it wont be revisited. Specialy when theres ALREADY a function that does this.

The Follows page already helps you keep track of the newly updated chapters no?
Yeah it help but for example you have some 20+ Or 50+ manga you want to keep track then you have to check it again per page to see if an update are added but if you have this type of notification, that will ease the time checking each page just to check if there are new chapter update.

If its already been rejected.... odds are it wont be revisited. Specialy when theres ALREADY a function that does this.
I tried back reading why they rejected this kind of notification but i haven't found it even after 2years back reading. The already function that they have are not as flexible as i see thats why it could be improve or reimplement with new feature well that's only a personal opinion.😅

Fed-Kun's army
@mysticbluedragon
Well, there is still room for improvement indeed. The "Customized categories" will supposedly allow you to make more following lists for easier arrangement and control; while the "Last updated timestamp to respect language filters" will allow you to check which manga you follow has been updated in your given languages, can be accessed by the Manga tab in Follows. These two are planned.

Fed-Kun's army
Follows already has a 100 entry display per page... And its easy to tell when its read or not by the eye symbol -.- thats the reason why it would likely be rejected.

The saying goes... If it aint broke, Dont bother the devs to try to "fix" it.

Users who are viewing this thread