Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha - Vol. 6 Ch. 26 - Tea Time

@DarkDooM
maybe because group working on this just renamed bunch of assholes that hoarded releases for few month but if any other pick guys released new chapter assholes put out their own version very same day

@Vykos
The normal group that posts this already posted their chapter a day ago. Your comment doesn't make sense.

Group Leader
@Vykos They didn't hoard any releases and have been releasing constantly. They also released ch26 a day earlier than this group.

Dex-chan lover
I mean.... there really is no reason multiple groups couldn't each do their own scanlation of a Manga.

Excluding 'maliciously intended sniping or stealing', If more then one person wants to give their take on a particular Series ... why not! At most you could be inconsiderate of effort put in by the other group if you release something they were currently working on (by making them feel like they 'wasted' time and effort). But if those two groups just both want to do their own thing (especially if one of them doesn't post their scanlations on MangaDex at all) then they really don't have any affect on each other. Readers are free to read whatever they prefer.

Now if someone gets mad that "less people will read our version!"....... They don't have any right to complain.

If its due to ego that they think they should be the only people working on it, they should grow up.
If its due to them being concerned about a loss of 'site traffic' or 'donations'...... I don't have many nice words to give them. Scanlation isn't legal, its illegal for them to be making money off it, or they need to recheck what 'donation' actually means.

Scanlation is supposed to exist to allow people to read Manga/Light-Novels that they otherwise cannot read as no official translation existed. If more then one group wants to get a Work into the hands of the masses.... they either work together to do it faster, or they don't and each just release there own.

Unless you repackaged someone else's Scanlation as your own (or some other Malicious crap just to screw with a group with no intention to actually keep releasing the serries), then there is nothing anyone should really be having any drama over....

Let Scanlators that want to Scanlate, Scanlate!

(Side note, especially if there is a lot to redraw..... i'd say it will normally take a couple days to prepare a Scanlation for release. The Raws for CH26 have been available for almost a month, and 'The other group' has some notoriety on sleeping on series for months, to say the least. So its likely coincidence that 'The Other Group' released a CH26 just before [NRBL], or (tinfoil hat time) someone tipped them off that [NRBL] was interested in picking this up so they got off their asses and finished something they could have completed much faster..... (again, that last bit is just conspiracy theory))

Dex-chan lover
@DarkDooM

"They didn't hoard any releases and have been releasing constantly"

Wait, what group are you referring to? 'The Other Group' that I (and proubably many others) are referring to definitely has not released anything on their own website before this since June 26th.

Group Leader
@Moraza We're quite literally caught up with the raws for this series. https://comic-gardo.com/episode/10834108156661710518
tBT6SYL.jpg

Anyway I don't care if more groups work on a series. Just wanted to inform people that this version is vastly inferior in every conceivable way.

Dex-chan lover
@DarkDooM

Okay, so we are both talking about the Same Group. Glad that is clear.

And I won't argue about the Quality, why the 'visual quality' looked fine on both to my eyes.... I will give 'The Other Group' Credit that their Proofreading led to cleaner and easier to understand English.

That said, those guys still took 3 Weeks to do this chapter..... Haven't released anything else since 6/26 for any series they are 'working on' (despite raws having been available)... And they do have a history of sleeping on series. Just because they have been 'decent' in keeping up with this series, doesn't mean they've not been shitty in the past and have left a bad taste in some peoples mouths. (Including mine)

Side note: yes, life happens and people can't always get Scanlations out when they want... I get that..... But those individuals have a track record and reputation that to many negates giving them that benefit of the doubt.

Group Leader
@Moraza Visual quality difference is immense and there's really no excuse considering these are digital raws. No need to filter whatsoever.
g8WgSTB.png

It's also not just their english that's better. There are a bunch of lines that are simply wrong in this version.
I'm fine with this chapter taking 3 weeks since there's no further chapters beyond that and the japanese also have to wait 1 month for a new chapter but I guess that's different for everyone. I can't say anything about the group being slow on other series and I don't want to either. I'm strictly talking about this series only.

I'm more than happy for a new group to pick up this series cause the group that's "translating" it are painfully slow and should just drop it for someone else to actually use.

@DarkDoom
Wym vastly inferior in every conceivable way? PT literally forgot a page.

Also your argument is somewhat irrelevant since champion don't post on MD anymore.

You're just nitpicking and being antagonizing for no reason other than to brew drama.

Fed-Kun's army
@DarkDooM I don't disagree that the quality seems better in the screenshots that you posted, but I abhor having to go to a group's website to read chapters. I'm not interested in setting up an RSS feed for every group under the sun when I can just read chapters on MD.

Fed-Kun's army
Good to see this here again. Looking forward to future releases, thanks.

So..... jumping straight from chapter 19 to 26 ? Seems totally reasonable...

Dex-chan lover
@DarkDooM

I mean, they were both passable to me. I really don't mind image quality drops since I just want to read the Manga. Since this is not an officially published English Release, ANY quality is already more then we legally deserve.

As far as "strictly talking about this series only", especially when talking about a group with a 'reputation' I'd say people are generally gonna assume you are referring to them as a whole if you don't explicitly specify at the start.

@KawaiiMajinken
@ImHereForTheIsekai

Are we at 'petty drama' levels? That's definitely not my intention, but I kinda messed up by referring to [NRBL] by name...... Normally I try to avoid using actual names when crusading 'Nothing is wrong with Multiple Groups working on different releases of the same series".

Dex-chan lover
@Ahsis

That gap was done by a group who had pulled all of their Scanlations from MangaDex. When a group tries to pick up a series that a different group was originally working on, they tend to just start pick up where ever the first group left off......... Going back and re-scanlating 'already completed' chapters isn't the norm, even if they were pulled from MangaDex.

Supporter
If you want to read the gap, look for ptscans/Project Time's site, they're still doing it but not on mangadex.

Users who are viewing this thread