NTREVENGE - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure if it's that the author doesn't know what to do, or it's the pacing but, the story seems to be going nowhere.

5ANA2Ca_d.webp

Dex-chan lover
That explanation actually makes the MC look worse. We’re told that the inciting incident was avenging his friend. The girls, while not innocent, don’t have ANYTHING to do with the rape. That makes it seem like it’s not because his friend was raped but the bully “took” her from him, so he needs to take something back.

At least confronting bully would would have some relation to revenge. “Training” the other girls, which the bully doesn’t even give a shit about, doesn’t even satisfy the whole cucking revenge plot!

I would honestly would prefer MC was just a creep who was abducting girls in his class than this white knight lampshade of a plot.
This would only be a good argument if the girls were completely innocent of both bullying and other crimes against others. But they are not. They actively engage in both violent bullying, mental and emotional assault and forcing girls to essentially get raped (as is the case with Takeuchi). Just because one of the guys in the group (if not more, we don't know that yet) raped the MC's childhood friend without the girls' knowledge, doesn't mean that the girls wouldn't order her to be raped. Guaranteed they would, they just didn't get a chance to before it happened.

Your argument holds no weight.

Dex-chan lover
Online debates are for perverts, so I’m just going to respond to this and dip out. Feel free to have the last word.

Just because one of the guys in the group (if not more, we don't know that yet) raped the MC's childhood friend without the girls' knowledge, doesn't mean that the girls wouldn't order her to be raped. Guaranteed they would, they just didn't get a chance to before it happened.

Your argument holds no weight.

This is an insane fucking take, there are no hypotheticals in a fictional story! They DIDN’T have anything to do with the inciting incident, that they MIGHT have doesn’t matter, they don’t change the events of the story.

I don’t even blame the MC anymore, the author could have easily written in a girlfriend/sister/mom of the bully to target for revenge rape (god help me), but we don’t even get that! We get some tertiary characters and the bully skates.

It cheapens what happened to his friend, and by extension the whole revenge plot, because it makes it look like the MC was looking for ANY reason to go on a rape spree.

Cowardly or scum, take your pick, but MC is in no hurry to actually get revenge, which is this manga’s biggest crime in my opinion.

That explanation actually makes the MC look worse. We’re told that the inciting incident was avenging his friend. The girls, while not innocent, don’t have ANYTHING to do with the rape. That makes it seem like it’s not because his friend was raped but the bully “took” her from him, so he needs to take something back.

At least confronting bully would would have some relation to revenge. “Training” the other girls, which the bully doesn’t even give a shit about, doesn’t even satisfy the whole cucking revenge plot!

I would honestly would prefer MC was just a creep who was abducting girls in his class than this white knight lampshade of a plot.
didn't you read the first chapter? They are all fucking horrible people and the demon already gave you a reason why the plan is like this.

Dex-chan lover
Funny that this is the manga that brings up the "it's NOT okay just because it's between girls" card :pacman:

Users who are viewing this thread