Ochikobore Datta Ani ga Jitsuha Saikyou - Vol. 5 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
when I said he'd probably stomp the tourny in 1 chapter, didn't actually expect to be right. and sure enough without actually fighting so people can keep accusing him of being weak cheating shit....

Double-page supporter
Oh god, tf is that bass guitar it's clearly a Gibson SG body and neck but Gibson has never made bass, that should be a Fender, BC Rich or, Ernie Ball Music Man bass guitar

Dex-chan lover
Is his singing so bad that even Giant from Doraemon sounds like a masterpiece?

Dex-chan lover
I'm genuinely fascinated by this manga. 13 chapters, some of them split even, of the same repeated joke of the dopey looking protagonist defeating all these introduced and immediately discarded by sneezing, or blowing, or farting, or shitting vaguely at them.

Between chapter 2 and 13, pretty much nothing of value has happened. And yet there's more chapters. Why? How? Who reads this? Is this some elaborate tax evasion scam by the publishing company? Is there some fucking amazing twist that shakes manga to its core coming up in the next few chapters, maybe something that introduces actual tension and stakes? Because currently the most suspenseful thing about this nonsense is whether or not next chapter will actually be different or just another beat for beat repetition of "strong guy shows up and antagonizes protagonist -> protagonist makes a dopey face and barely realizes he's been challenged -> strong guy is hyped up by some bystander -> protagonist clenches his anus with enough force to atomize strong guy by sheer accident".

Contributor
I'm genuinely fascinated by this manga. 13 chapters, some of them split even, of the same repeated joke of the dopey looking protagonist defeating all these introduced and immediately discarded by sneezing, or blowing, or farting, or shitting vaguely at them.

Between chapter 2 and 13, pretty much nothing of value has happened. And yet there's more chapters. Why? How? Who reads this? Is this some elaborate tax evasion scam by the publishing company? Is there some fucking amazing twist that shakes manga to its core coming up in the next few chapters, maybe something that introduces actual tension and stakes? Because currently the most suspenseful thing about this nonsense is whether or not next chapter will actually be different or just another beat for beat repetition of "strong guy shows up and antagonizes protagonist -> protagonist makes a dopey face and barely realizes he's been challenged -> strong guy is hyped up by some bystander -> protagonist clenches his anus with enough force to atomize strong guy by sheer accident".
It's based on a webnovel, so I'm guessing the major problem is that the source material itself is bad. WNs usually have poor writing and short chapters, which might explain why nothing much has happened in a dozen chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Who reads this?

Well... You and me to start with... :p

The manga, and I presume the WN, don't take themselves seriously. In fact, the whole thing unapologetically wallows in the Tropey mcTrope pisstakes this whole story is based on.
It's supertrash meant to have a chuckle over before bedtime after a Long Day.

If you ever read it "seriously", or see something more than supertrash in it, it's actually a parody on every other bit of trash-with-otaku-fanbase out there. It simply takes away any pretense of any of the protagonists going through contrived "Hardships".

So it does two things at once, making it better than 90% of Manga/WN/LN out there. While still being SuperTrash.

It's classical slapstick parodying slapstick. You just got to love it... ;)

Dex-chan lover
my darkskinned tomboy short short-wearing gf Guillermo Robinson loses offscreen
FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Users who are viewing this thread