Oddman 11 - Vol. 2 Ch. 50 - That's a Cute Ribbon <3

Dex-chan lover
Eh. Definitely not a fan of the ending, though still love Dowman's Voynich Hotel for all of its quirky fun weirdness.

Even though Douman is my favorite mangaka, he definitely didn't know where to go with this one

ah yes finally get to see mc and the sadist girl do something
I still find it funny that the start of this is to fight all the girls to be with the brother of sadist senpai but she got a yuri harem instead lmao

I am sad...

The final is Dowman style but I think he have a lot of things for write about this manga. I think he can write others 50 o more chapters....

Fed-Kun's army
I don't mind this ending, even if it feels a bit sudden and more like Dowman simply had to finish the story rather than being an ending he had planned for.

Weird ending. Weird story. Enjoyable, but odd. Oh well, why not.

Dex-chan lover
This went on too long for a short ride. Imma miss it, but let’s see what Downan cooks up next.

Dex-chan lover
Um. Yeah. That was an end apparently? After the previous chapter this just doesn't make sense to me, and not in the usual Dowman fashion. It's like this pre-created chapter that could be inserted at any point in the story to randomly wrap things up ... ^^

Dex-chan lover
Too soon! I need like another 20 years worth of chapters!

The final oddman is you — the reader — who, for some reason, took the time to read the entirety of this odd story when they could've been doing anything else more productive.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was a rambling, incoherent story that took several years to finish. Maybe the real oddmen were the friends we made along the way? Who cares, why did I follow this to the end?

Dex-chan lover
Seriously, c'mon people. These are magazine chapter scans, so of course they're going to push the tankobon volume release at the end, which obviously had not been released at the time the chapter was released. It's kind of hard to release the collection of all chapters in a volume before all the chapters have been released to compile. This is the end of the story whether you like/believe it or not, though the tankobon might end up having some omake or extra content when it gets released.

This is just like fanfic-writer me coming up with outrageous chains of events just so my characters can make out "because it's now justified by the plot". Which... Now that I think about it... Based.

@tanukihat
Because the overarching plot didn't really matter from the beginning. It was a jokey ripoff of scott pilgrim. Each individual arc was still fun in its own right - so that's why I kept reading.

And honestly most of Douman Sayman's stuff is even less cohesive than this - either themed or unthemed anthologies (I would consider Voynich Hotel right on the edge of a cohesive overarching story and a themed anthology)

Users who are viewing this thread