Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 12 - Tsumiki-san and the Sports Festival

Group Leader
I often wonder how much of a series' enjoyment and perceived quality comes from the author, and how much from the scanlation (for example, I sometimes drop series that I previously enjoyed just fine, when the new group that picks them up is subpar).
In this case I'm quite sure I'd be along for the ride even with a poor scanlation, but how glad am i that these guys are the ones working on it!
That so happens to be the reason why some people get into scanlation actually, or at least among the fellow SLs I know. Sometimes frustration that their series wasn't given proper justice, or sadness that a series that they find interesting never gets worked on. Heck, I started cause a series I wanted to read wasn't getting fast enough releases due to lack of staff, so I learned how to use photoshop and joined a team. Sometimes you just gotta do it yourself and for yourself.

To answer the other question, I feel like... it's probably 80% author and 20% scanlation, assuming a few key things are met. That being:
  1. Good grammar (No MTL)
  2. Raws are in decent resolution
  3. Font is at least centered somewhat okay (Centre alignment, decent sizing, not comic sans)
If those basics are met, then most (~80:20?) of the remaining "enjoyment and perceived quality" comes from the author and not the scanlation. On the flipside, if those aren't, then the series becomes painful/difficult to read and all enjoyment goes out the window regardless of series/author quality.

A great series can be ruined by shitty scanlation, but a shitty series cannot be elevated by great scanlating.

Either way, really appreciate the compliment and we're gonna keep working on this. It's really just us trying to give a great series the equally great english scanlation it deserves.

Last edited:
Group Leader
波 can be read as ハ, so any chance キバ is just 揮波?
It's certainly possible - having her family and given name mean the same thing (with different readings) would certainly be amusing, and a very clever catch.

But right now it's impossible to say either way since all sensei gives is キバ. And honestly I kind of want it to mean 'fang' with all the talk of 'stinging' - either way I think we're gonna find out a lot next chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I don't really understand what was happening with the invisible man and the birdman. Were they cheating?

Dex-chan lover
me when the homie sends me a dm telling me he's comin
zklmrw.png

Users who are viewing this thread