Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 12 - Tsumiki-san and the Sports Festival

Dex-chan lover
making
waves?

Huzzah for conflict, our obliviously adorable wolf would never have it easy!
Also, I always find her ridiculously large shoe size adorable, and I don't know why. I've dipped into the academic study of sexual attraction and paraphilias, and I still don't know why. It is pure lizard brain stuff; she is just cute and there's no rational explanation for it.
Reply if you have an explanation, I really (on an academic and personal level) want to know why.

Aggregator gang
The two name meaning pages at the end involved a lot of editing and cut and paste from my character bible so it's entirely possible we (especially me) did some bad cut and paste, plz let us know if you see any and we'll fix.
The readings for 気筒 透生 are backwards:
気筒 = ki tou
透生 = su i

Dex-chan lover
Wooo, this chapter made me so happy. This was obviously the hardest one we've had to do yet (especially those color pages, total props to our CLRD and TS, I did nothing special there 😽), unicorn girl speaking 2chan slang, and the author suddenly introducing transparent bubbles on p18-19 (haven't really seen much before in this series), but we got introductions to so many chars (old and new) and they're so cute (even if they have bad personalities), and we got the shout-back to last chapter (he remembers enough!)

Some TL things:
  • Roman lapses into internet slang a slot. She is supposed to be annoying, we are being true to her, so please don't complain about her using lolll or hella or whatever, or at least realize that's true to the raws.
  • Yes, Hiyori's species is officially given as birdman (鳥人), not tengu (天狗) though we've speculated a lot that she's tengu. But maybe tengu is her deep dark double-secret species!
  • Octopus-girl is officially kraken - kuraken in katakana.
  • The two name meaning pages at the end involved a lot of editing and cut and paste from my character bible so it's entirely possible we (especially me) did some bad cut and paste, plz let us know if you see any and we'll fix.
Huge respect and thanks.
Is there a possibility the mermaid's name suggests "making waves" in the metaphorical sense, as in, causing drama?

Group Leader
But who was phone?
Probably one of Yutaka's old "friends" that he didn't actually get along with. Back in chapter one, he mentions that he chose a school two hours away just to avoid them.
Yeah, the other option is maybe his older sister, mentioned very very briefly in one speech bubble last chapter. Old 'friends' seems very possible though.

Group Leader
Oh, one more TL Note: The word Kiba uses for 'sting' is 'hirihiri' which could mean a couple things. We won't know what this actually means till next chapter, so I chose 'sting' as the most likely (and aggressive). TBF even Japanese readers won't know which meaning it has at this point (Yutaka-kun going 'sting?')

Group Leader
The readings for 気筒 透生 are backwards:
気筒 = ki tou
透生 = su i
Character indexes are always appreciated! A minor note on the Yutaka section on page 23, where it says "Yutaka's family name is usually read as 'Tomotaka'" - that's a discussion of his given name, not his family name.
Thank you, and sorry - I totally should have caught these in final proofread, but have to admit that by this time I was kind of numb from wall of text. We did catch some others!

Dex-chan lover
Hey everyone, this chapter was probably the most challenging one to do thus far, even before counting in the colour pages. So hope everyone enjoys the chapter as much as we did. Hope you guys also find the character index useful!

I also wanna give a shout out to our CLRD guys @a0n2 and SheepGirl, who agreed to redraw the colour pages cause we wanted to have it all scanlated fully. They went above and beyond and absolutely cooked up some michelin star work, I'm dedicating the kitchen in their honor.

qYBS3dw.png

Also, the more I read this series the more I identify as Michi. Author-san, introducing so many cute characters is bad for my kokoro :qq:
Thank you for your hard work and outstanding work in coloring this

Aggregator gang
Thank you guys for the awesome translation !! Been waiting all week for this ! Woohoo! Tsumiki is the best haha love her so much. The fan club guys are back 🙄 lame but hello I guess lol.

Mermaid girl doesn’t know who she just declared war against 🤭 she shall learn the hard way

Dex-chan lover
THANK YOU! I knew it was mentioned in some earlier chapter about having people he didnt wanna be around or whatever but couldnt remember what it was
Probably one of Yutaka's old "friends" that he didn't actually get along with. Back in chapter one, he mentions that he chose a school two hours away just to avoid them.
Judging from how uncomfortable that one text made him, I'd bet they were his bullies more than actually being his friends.

Users who are viewing this thread