Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 21 - Tsumiki-san and Kinami-san

Dex-chan lover
Fangs are always the cutest, to have even suggested that feet are better for even a second should be worthy of the death penalty.

Dex-chan lover
Not even an IRL troll can deal with double smile combo from both cute wolf girl and cute mermaid.

Dex-chan lover
I am still at a total loss as to what the "sting" thing was in reference to. Am I dumb?

Also the fact that nuisance streamer didn't leave in tears or explode out of shame like a straw man antagonist from a feminist webcomic irked me.

Nice fluffy chapter though, even if I don't find the mermaid particularly interesting.

Dex-chan lover
I am still at a total loss as to what the "sting" thing was in reference to. Am I dumb?

Also the fact that nuisance streamer didn't leave in tears or explode out of shame like a straw man antagonist from a feminist webcomic irked me.

Nice fluffy chapter though, even if I don't find the mermaid particularly interesting.

Supporter
On the cover, isn't Tsumiki's right hand, the one holding the watergun, backwards? The thumb should be on the other side if the palm is facing backwards. It was the first thing I noticed as soon as I opened the chapter, my brain took a second to recognize the rest of the body correctly because the hand couldn't be that way.

Group Leader

Ever since Kiba showed up in chapter 12, she's been using ヒリヒリ (hiri hiri) as a catchphrase. As pure sfx goes, this means tingling, stinging (and related pain things), or (in a separate etymology) being smart, but it's never explained, ever! That's a wide range of possibilities. The way she uses it, 'let's be smart!' would be a weird, so I ruled that out. Smart actually has the same dual meaning as hirihiri in that it can mean pain or intelligence, but like page 12 this chapter 'Let's get smart!' would be even more awkward than 'It's time to sting!'

So then it's the stinging / tingling / burning meaning. Since she's a mermaid and there are fish that sting you with poison barbs I just picked 'sting' and have been using that ever since (usually bolded to let you know it's kind of weird and awkward) - and I haven't seen yet that 'tingle' would be less awkward than 'sting'.

I have been prepared to go back and fix things if Morishita-sensei ever explains what meaning is intended, but she never does. Japanese readers won't know which meaning is intended either. It's purposely left mysterious so far.

Dex-chan lover
Ever since Kiba showed up in chapter 12, she's been using ヒリヒリ (hiri hiri) as a catchphrase. As pure sfx goes, this means tingling, stinging (and related pain things), or (in a separate etymology) being smart, but it's never explained, ever! That's a wide range of possibilities. The way she uses it, 'let's be smart!' would be a weird, so I ruled that out. Smart actually has the same dual meaning as hirihiri in that it can mean pain or intelligence, but like page 12 this chapter 'Let's get smart!' would be even more awkward than 'It's time to sting!'

So then it's the stinging / tingling / burning meaning. Since she's a mermaid and there are fish that sting you with poison barbs I just picked 'sting' and have been using that ever since (usually bolded to let you know it's kind of weird and awkward) - and I haven't seen yet that 'tingle' would be less awkward than 'sting'.

I have been prepared to go back and fix things if Morishita-sensei ever explains what meaning is intended, but she never does. Japanese readers won't know which meaning is intended either. It's purposely left mysterious so far.
That is hilariously incomprehensible and why you're the translator and I'm a grateful pleb scratching his head in bemusement like Neanderthal Man.

Dex-chan lover
Yutaka has got mad styling skills. Good, he can use them to groom his wife.

Dex-chan lover
Page 2: "You guys!"
Page 3: "Since you guys came to the beach"
Page 8: "Even I've seen that guy before..."
Page 9: "That guy's a customer too!"
Page 18: "But thanks to you guys"

No hate intended, just had to catalogue it for my own warped validation and sanity
FELLAS

Dex-chan lover
It could be slang used by japanese teens nowadays, like how people see cap or no cap in a sentence and think it's what you put in your head unless you know the slang. Next mission, capture a live japanese teen to help you validate translations.

I hope there's going to be another beach chapter where they're actually on the beach and not working in a restaurant.
Still an amazing chapter, thank you for your service

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread