Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 30 - Tsumiki-san and Mokuri-san

Group Leader
MEAT PARTY

Yeah, sorry Tsumiki, I AM THERE for the MEAT PARTY.

Really want to give a bump to our cleaners (SheepGirl, Wildtale, AnOddName) and typesetter (maibi) for alllll the little signs in these cultural festival chapters. Of course I have to TL them but that's the least work. Like randomly there will be a tiny sign with 'TA' 'PI' 'O' 'CA' in separate bubbles and I'm sure 99.99% of the readers won't notice, but we did that. Or there's an incidental 'HAUNTED HOU' sign with wood texture, so the cleaners went through hell to clean that and maibi made it look so natural that nobody ever even realized it wasn't English to start with. Basically everything you see was Japanese originally - one of the very few exceptions I can think of is Tsumiki's 'PERCENT?' in a recent chapter. But 99.9% of the time if it's English it was cleaned and typeset, Morishita-sensei doesn't use much.

Group Leader
Was it?

I can't really see where they're coming from

In the chapter where she first shows up (26), where Yutaka and Michi are measuring genjin Natures she very visibly spews the web from her mouth.

In this chapter, on page 4-5, she has pre-wrapped her wrist in webs (check the bottom of page 4) and uses those to do the spiderman thing.

In the chapter you just posted a page from (28) the stuff around Michi's waist is very obviously from her mouth, and then the other webs are from her arms... but from the previous page she already had webs in both hands so could just be using those.

So, as far as actually confirmed it only comes out her mouth. Interestingly, unlike most spiders the common spitting spider does actually have silk glands which it can spit with - though those webs are actually venemous, since they're right next to the venom glands! Since Michi was fine and she hands a ball of it to Yutaka and he was fine we can assume she's not venemous, or can control it.

Dex-chan lover
So she tied down the plate? That's like tying up the leaf the bug you're trying to eat is on.
Whatever, it's cute.

Dex-chan lover
In the chapter where she first shows up (26), where Yutaka and Michi are measuring genjin Natures she very visibly spews the web from her mouth.

In this chapter, on page 4-5, she has pre-wrapped her wrist in webs (check the bottom of page 4) and uses those to do the spiderman thing.

In the chapter you just posted a page from (28) the stuff around Michi's waist is very obviously from her mouth, and then the other webs are from her arms... but from the previous page she already had webs in both hands so could just be using those.

So, as far as actually confirmed it only comes out her mouth. Interestingly, unlike most spiders the common spitting spider does actually have silk glands which it can spit with - though those webs are actually venemous, since they're right next to the venom glands! Since Michi was fine and she hands a ball of it to Yutaka and he was fine we can assume she's not venemous, or can control it.
If you look carefully in this chapter, you notice she's sort of gathering up a giant ball of webs all throughout the chapter. It looks like she only leaves webs around the art room and collects the rest. So the webs on her arms are probably webs she spun earlier and collected, and by the end of the day she'll have a big ball that she can dispose of all at once.

Dex-chan lover
I said it before and probably was rejected in her creation because it would be crass, but if she was like common spiders it would have been very funny.

But also she could violently sneeze out web onto someone else's face when she has a cold is very funny too now that I think it more.

Snow boy could not get a cold but maybe the joke is he has bad allergies and does the same.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure whether I want to retract my earlier statement about not having a spider gf. Part of me doesn't want to be wrapped up menacingly in spider girl webs, but part of me still does...

Also, if you'd like to vote for Tsumiki in the awards, please head to https://tsugimanga.jp/en! It'll bring more attention to the manga, most likely increase sales, and increase the chances of it getting an english translation!

I was this close to colouring the chocolate splort white and making it the credits page
Voted for Tsumiki-san! Hope it wins!

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who thinks it's extremely unreasonable for her to have built up a following as a (somewhat) famous artist then expect to just disappear from that scene, never explain herself, and never have anyone ask any questions?
Imagine if you've made an artistic statement by making a painting out of shit.
And now all those stupid people ask why you don't keep doing that.

I think that's how the spider girl feels about it.

Dex-chan lover
If you look carefully in this chapter, you notice she's sort of gathering up a giant ball of webs all throughout the chapter. It looks like she only leaves webs around the art room and collects the rest. So the webs on her arms are probably webs she spun earlier and collected, and by the end of the day she'll have a big ball that she can dispose of all at once.
Maybe it's an anger management technique? Every time people make you angry, you spin some web. But if they really get you angry, you now have a web to tie them up with, so you don't have to murder them.

Dex-chan lover
Did the author "chickened"?
I wouldn't be surprised if she had done much worse and actually hurt them.

Group Leader
can ogami eat chocolate ?
We haven't seen so far that animal genjin care about stuff that would poison the actual animals. Like onions and chocolate are really bad for canines and felines (they're carnivores, so didn't evolve to process plant poisons like our ape ancestors did) but nobody seems concerned about it at all. And half of Japanese cuisine is using plants that are poisonous to pets. The only thing I can recall is Senga being knocked out by that garlic field, but that was pure comedy and of course a vampire is something different. Tsumiki seems (not confirmed) to be half human (her mom just looks totally human in the two times we've seen her) so maybe she could handle it better with her ape genes even if it were an issue.

Anyhow, I'm guessing she can but would prefer to eat katsu sandwich. Hopefully we'll find out, this has slow world building.

P.S. This is what translation does to you, kids, I have a series bible keeping track of a lot of this shit, like with the question of where Tomoe's webs come from. Not even once!

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
To take action and potentially help or make things worse due to ignorance, or to leave things be and continue wondering "what if".

I really love how the author portrays this sort of situation, I'd like to assume that most folks have experienced this sort of thing in their lifetime.

I was kinda surprised that the reporters were able to get inside the school though, I would've thought that school staff would've kept them out or at least intervened given how they were practically harassing one of their students. Interesting that spider gal calls them suspended in webs as "art", maybe an expression of how fed up she is with them? (lol)

Dex-chan lover
Wow they really pushed her buttons. This must be the spider equivalent of blowing your lid and suddenly punching someone

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure whether I want to retract my earlier statement about not having a spider gf. Part of me doesn't want to be wrapped up menacingly in spider girl webs, but part of me still does...

Also, if you'd like to vote for Tsumiki in the awards, please head to https://tsugimanga.jp/en! It'll bring more attention to the manga, most likely increase sales, and increase the chances of it getting an english translation!

I was this close to colouring the chocolate splort white and making it the credits page
I got pretty bad claustrophobia I would have a panic attack if I got wrapped up. Jesus man i feel stressed thinking about it

Dex-chan lover
What a cute smile. Too bad her day had to be ruined after that.
Some people just don't know when to quit and stop being a hassle. Also, where are the adult teachers when they should
have stopped them from harassing their students?
Bruh they basically don't exist in this manga lmaoo these kids just on their own

Users who are viewing this thread