Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 28 - Mokuri-san, Interviewed

Dex-chan lover
Actual, real discord bot I set up to check on updates on this specific manga every fifteen seconds to absolutely spam the fuck out of my inbox whenever a new chapter drops
j2s8IpT.png
I'm laughing so fucking hard right now, people are looking at me funny

Dex-chan lover
Actual, real discord bot I set up to check on updates on this specific manga every fifteen seconds to absolutely spam the fuck out of my inbox whenever a new chapter drops
j2s8IpT.png
Are you just straight-up IRL Michi?
This is incredible!

Dex-chan lover
Michi being called out as a liberal racist who regardless of intent others people and posits them as an outgroup in a form of fascination and almost fetishism was NOT what I though the cultural festival arc of this manga would give us

Dex-chan lover
My first thoughts were "Tsumiki cosplaying as a police officer is super cute". But then my mind was very quickly inundated with lewd thoughts about spiders and I am once again cured of my arachnophobia!

Dex-chan lover
And I have finally found the waifu for this series. I fucking love how stoic Tomoe is. I'm still prepared for the day she open her two eyes. I really believe she has them closed because the three dots on each sides are her other eyes.

Supporter
Give the spider girl some coffee, I want to see what'll happen.
Well, she'll make a web, but super fast, but after she gets tired, the crack cocaine spider-girl (having decided "building a web is for suckas") will come up and bust a cap in her ass.

Dex-chan lover
j2s8IpT.png

I someone who uses Light Mode for most apps, Discord is the only one I could never do that to my eyes, it's just... Too freaking birghttttttt

Dex-chan lover
Relatedly, you can use the term "Bug", which is purely a colloquial term that doesn't appear in taxonomy, but does in most interpretations include both Spiders and Insects within it.
Gosh, I can't believe I'm doing this on a discussion about fantasy classification, but "Bugs" are used taxonomically. The "true bugs" are a group that include aphids, stink bugs, bedbugs, and cicadas, among others.

Dex-chan lover
Gosh, I can't believe I'm doing this on a discussion about fantasy classification, but "Bugs" are used taxonomically. The "true bugs" are a group that include aphids, stink bugs, bedbugs, and cicadas, among others.
Correct, but as you said they usually refer to them as "True Bugs" to distinguish order Hempitera from the colloquial term that is basically any small creepy crawly with an exoskeleton including spiders. Sometimes when context has been set and it's known to everyone that the discussion is taxonomical then they will drop the "True" portion, but generally it's used together to avoid any misunderstandings.

Dex-chan lover
I am deeply in love with the manga's depiction of spiderfolk. Her big eyes are closed, allowing her several smaller eyes to do the work. That's fairly accurate to how spiders use their eyes.

Aggregator gang
I'll say it. Spider girl is incredibly pretentious/insufferable. She was horrible to our boy Yutaka for giving her a simple compliment, and now she's been terrible to Michi too. Yes, Michi came off too strongly, but the spider girl didn't have to be so acidic. What an off-putting personality.
senga also had an offputting personality at first as well. every reader sees him in his first appearence as nothing more than a narcisstic prick only later do we find that isn't true. we find out he is actually very tormented and lonely because boys hate him because his power of attraction auto woos the ladies and ladies hate him after the fact when they find out he is after their blood for a meal. NO ONE wanted to be a genuine friend to him, NO ONE tried to really get to know him, NO ONE gave him the time of day....no one tried to explain to him the difference in values human put on the neck vs the arm. everyone just assumed he should know. but people aren't born with common sense knowledge it has to be taught. this is what we learned of senga he is far from who we first thought him to be.

consider this our first impression of Mokuri. this is but a surface view of her we don't know her circumstances, we don't know her history, thus we can only wait and find out who she really is. is she really just a prick that we percived her to be, OR does she have reasons and circumstances that caused her to behave that way. lets reserve our judgement shall we

Dex-chan lover
At least she recognizes where her issues are, how she can come across, and wants to fix the problem. She's a bit extreme in the fix, but that's just her all over.
Yeah, a lot of people should make an example of her self-reflection, as they would just keep making the same mistakes until it really snowballs into something far worse that they can't get back up from ... and yet they'd still keep doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread