Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou.

Dex-chan lover
i will not be silenced on this

8htw8h.jpg

Dex-chan lover
The story is good although nothing groundbreaking. It has he usual "just be yourself" message which teens will enjoy (and adults can mince over as they remember simpler days... oh the tragedy). Yukata is the narrator and the main focus of the story as he becomes more open in this relaxed environment. By contrast Tsumiki is the dominant character. She is confident and charismatic. I would prefer for her to show some more weakness though such as familial pressure. The dynamic between her and Yukata makes him feel more like a pet project to her than a close part of her life.

The monsters satisfy monster girl fans such as myself. They also show much more easily the wide variety of people at this school. There are so many monsters that finding any one problem holding them back is easy. Much easier than if the school were all humans. For a story about being oneself these monsters do great.

Romance should not be expected. There are end shots every now and then but its evident any real romance will take 100+ chapters to develop. This is a slice of life story with romance as a side piece.

Lastly the score drop interests me. From what I have gathered the score was at a 9.2 until chapter 3, after which NTRfags bombed the score to 8.0. This is humorous since the chapter was quite clearly not developing a rival romance. Rather it was two monsters trying to support each other transitioning into human life. The current score is 8.57 and I hope it keeps going up although I personally don't think its great.

7/10.

Last edited:
Romance should not be expected. There are end shots every now and then but its evident any real romance will take 100+ chapters to develop. This is a slice of life story with romance as a side piece.
The writer of the story straight up calls out the romance in the most recent chapter where they go to the movies. He has the main male character think that the romance is taking too long in the movie but that it's kind of normal for a romance stories. Which if that isn't a subtle call to it I don't know what is

I love these different takes on how social awkwardness can be. i see myself alot in the protag in how he internalizes feelings and thoughts so having a manga use that as a story building tool helps me recognize my own faults in my thinking

Dex-chan lover
The art is so impressive... I'm not talking in general I'm talking for it's purpose as in this manga, 10/10.
Story isn't quite up there but it's kinda cute.
I like it !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread