“Okaeri, Papa” - Ch. 16 - Siblings

Dex-chan lover
why do you all asume the sister is already having an affair
Obviously from the chat she's having? What comes to your mind when reading "Still the same with your husband? In case of anything I'm all yours"? It's kinda obvious that it was a non-husband entity. Not to mention the repeated explanation on how her husband is busy with work. It's basically a huge, colorful sign with LED lights that says "AFFAIR".

Last edited:
Why does this have to be monthly?

I also feel like the sister is already being blackmailed into the affair.
So that we can have a Kawaii Kanojo-chan chapter too. I prefer this setup compared to small last-page message about "extended hiatus".

Regarding the blackmail, I still wonder how the stepdaughter got the compro during the previous arc (stalker otaku pic that derailed the classmate). Is she some superdetective or is her mother involved too?

Dex-chan lover
With every chapter it feels like Hiroto was the perfect mark. His sister nitpicked ever previous partner so he's dismissing her concerns out of hand, his mother nagged him about starting a family so he bristles at her inquiries too, and he doesn't seem to be the most social person so he's relatively isolated in terms of voicing his concerns with his relationship(so he'll keep them to his chest, like he did this chapter). Now we just need the chapter showing how the Mother/daughter combo somehow found all this out before making her move on him in the library that ensnared him in their trap.

Dex-chan lover
lol nice setup so the dude can't get away from the crazy duo.

Dex-chan lover
Yikes, I feel bad for her husband. Her son is most likely the offspring of the other man. This is going to be used as blackmail against her by the step daughter for sure.

Edit: Let's spice up the drama even further. Let's make up a scenario where their mom cheated as well so both siblings are just half siblings due to their fathers being different.

Edit 2: Let's spice it up even further with more made up scenarios. Their dad is dead because he killed himself when he found out his wife cheated on him. The daughter is not his.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh… so the dude was a victim of parentification… no wonder he has no idea about the distance stuff. As a child his own distance with the adults was shattered. :X

Dex-chan lover
wait how is the sister having an affair? the only thing i got from this chapter is that the sister has daddy issues that is also a possessive yandere for her brother...
You need some life experience...
------------
Still, this story is getting me wondering.

The mother and daughter combo certainly seems like they are working into finding guys, and likely taking stuff from them. One could guess that the daughter trying to seduce her dad could be a blackmail trap but... What she did with her classmate seems really heavy if the guy is just the current victim, although she could also be a bit of psycho taught by her mother, not really about her destroying the girl's family, but about her commitment to "protect" the step-father, would you do all that if you are planning to throw him away anyway?

The fact she is aware of such things also shows some understanding of adult life, so I guess she was well trained..

On the other hand, I could also imagine him being the "nice guy", the woman likely is already on her years, and could be considering stopping, and the daughter does all that due to their, or exclusive her, twisted "common sense" of how to keep a man attracted.

Then the sister with her own affair and problems is the one who can recognize her own characteristics onto others, although as MC pointed out, it seems she is a bit nagging pointing out measly faults, so although she may want to keep her older brother safe, she may likely be the type that pushes faults onto others, without recognizing her own responsibility.

As always, people with twisted senses are able to think that their twisted views are the normal, and cannot comprehend how they may be seen by others.

But it was a nice touch to add some fails to the sister.

And taking it that the translation of the contents of her phone are at least properly translated, the other person is likely her lover either accepting to either take her in, or to throwing some sweet words at her to keep on banging her.

So yeah, she is likely a cheater herself, who may recognize some of her own faults on the wife/daughter

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So the sister is either having a divorce, or an affair, maybe both. She also has some brocon vibes.

Oh boy, she's either getting disappeared like the other one, or she's getting dragged into the weird operation of the mother-daughter combo.

Dex-chan lover
This manga man, poor sister doesn't know what she's getting into.

Users who are viewing this thread