“Okaeri, Papa” - Ch. 18 - Rift

Dex-chan lover
Treating someone and judging them are different things you moron. Omfg the mismatch between your confidence and your point is so funny 🤣. Bro thought he had a good point 💀
oh yes, they are so different and don't relate to each other at all, lol. I'm not even going to explain it to you since you need to have sub 70 IQ to not understand my point.

Also, I find it very amusing how you call someone else "kid" when you write like a 15 year old.

Dex-chan lover
All the fucked up stuff aside i'm surprised there's not an age limit/requirement for festivals like these (tho i guess all the mothers that wanna bring their babies would make a fuss about it), even for like elementary schoolers without super vision seems like it'd be a stretch in the more lighthearted manga, b/c it seems like other than potential cameras or witnesses it seems like there could be other kids easily 'targeted' haha

Dex-chan lover
All the fucked up stuff aside i'm surprised there's not an age limit/requirement for festivals like these (tho i guess all the mothers that wanna bring their babies would make a fuss about it), even for like elementary schoolers without super vision seems like it'd be a stretch in the more lighthearted manga, b/c it seems like other than potential cameras or witnesses it seems like there could be other kids easily 'targeted' haha
It's Japan, not Chicago.

Dex-chan lover
You little shit you handed him over to them now, goddamm it I’ve never been so afraid for someone before

Dex-chan lover
oh yes, they are so different and don't relate to each other at all, lol. I'm not even going to explain it to you since you need to have sub 70 IQ to not understand my point.

Also, I find it very amusing how you call someone else "kid" when you write like a 15 year old.
Yes they are different things lmfao 🤣. Doesn't matter how they relate with each other, they're different things you absolute moron :pepela:

Dex-chan lover
how does evolution even relates to this 😭
I'm guessing you're still in middle school. Over time, living creatures make copies of themselves (And plenty non-living ones too!). Every time they make copies of themselves, the copies change a little bit. Since there aren't more resources (Food, shelter, water, etc.) after these copies are made, they have to compete for them to survive: It doesn't matter how many new babies are born, there's only one bottle of milk; may the best baby win.

But you see, these copies aren't all the same. Even if they're all clones, some of them will be different, since the copying process isn't perfect. These differences can be a difference in behavior, or a difference in the way the copy's body grows. Or both. The best copy is the one that has the best body, and the best behavior. The "best copy" will make even more copies of itself, who are going to look and act more like it than anyone else. In this way, only the traits that help the copies survive better than everyone else get passed down.

This process has been happening for around One Billion years on this planet. Humans are, and this may come as a shock to you, also a result of this process: All of your ancestors were copies of someone else, they all competed with everyone else, and they all won. Over time, they picked up a series of behaviors that helped them be the best in the history of the world. Among them is an instinctive assessment of people by their appearance. You do this, we all do this, because everyone that didn't is dead, and never got to have children. Because judging people by their appearance helps you have children.

So the lady, noticing there's an unhinged lunatic near her baby, is doing the normal, sane thing, that even you know is normal and sane, by not letting her have her baby. The brother, on the other hand, is doing everything exactly wrong by raising another woman's child, and then ignoring his own instincts- letting the unhinged lunatic hold his actual relative.

yeah you doesn't know what kidnapped means lol

Child abduction or child theft is the unauthorized removal of a minor (a child under the age of legal adulthood) from the custody of the child's natural parents or legally appointed guardians.

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing you're still in middle school. Over time, living creatures make copies of themselves (And plenty non-living ones too!). Every time they make copies of themselves, the copies change a little bit. Since there aren't more resources (Food, shelter, water, etc.) after these copies are made, they have to compete for them to survive: It doesn't matter how many new babies are born, there's only one bottle of milk; may the best baby win.

But you see, these copies aren't all the same. Even if they're all clones, some of them will be different, since the copying process isn't perfect. These differences can be a difference in behavior, or a difference in the way the copy's body grows. Or both. The best copy is the one that has the best body, and the best behavior. The "best copy" will make even more copies of itself, who are going to look and act more like it than anyone else. In this way, only the traits that help the copies survive better than everyone else get passed down.

This process has been happening for around One Billion years on this planet. Humans are, and this may come as a shock to you, also a result of this process: All of your ancestors were copies of someone else, they all competed with everyone else, and they all won. Over time, they picked up a series of behaviors that helped them be the best in the history of the world. Among them is an instinctive assessment of people by their appearance. You do this, we all do this, because everyone that didn't is dead, and never got to have children. Because judging people by their appearance helps you have children.

So the lady, noticing there's an unhinged lunatic near her baby, is doing the normal, sane thing, that even you know is normal and sane, by not letting her have her baby. The brother, on the other hand, is doing everything exactly wrong by raising another woman's child, and then ignoring his own instincts- letting the unhinged lunatic hold his actual relative.

Child abduction or child theft is the unauthorized removal of a minor (a child under the age of legal adulthood) from the custody of the child's natural parents or legally appointed guardians.
Bro is yapping 💀. All that nonsense and no evidence whatsoever to show lmfao 🤣

But the stepdaughter asked to hold the baby? She got permission from the stepfather. She's authorized to hold the baby. Thanks for admitting you're in the wrong here doofus

Dex-chan lover
Bro is yapping 💀. All that nonsense and no evidence whatsoever to show lmfao
You're not one of those Creationists, are you?

But the stepdaughter asked to hold the baby? She got permission from the stepfather.
Stepfather isn't authorized to hand the baby over. And everyone knows there's something wrong with her. Then, to confirm the problem, the girl just disappears with the baby.

Dex-chan lover

I agree with you about the judging people by their appearance part. But I am conflicted on the kidnapping part and as much as I hate it, I am inclined to agree with @Sonaldo.

From the step father's perspective it definitely isn't kidnapping, he believed that Touko got genuinely lost in the crowd. But it was kidnapping according to his sister who was already suspicious of Touko, and thought that she wants to harm her family. And here is the thing, It wasn't clearly explained what Touko's intentions were. I am assuming that the end goal is to separate her stepfather from his family, but we didn't get told if her getting "lost" was intentional or not. Because of that, and because she did get her stepfather's permission and the baby was fine, I don't think it could get proven as kidnapping in court.

Dex-chan lover
You're not one of those Creationists, are you?

Stepfather isn't authorized to hand the baby over. And everyone knows there's something wrong with her. Then, to confirm the problem, the girl just disappears with the baby.
Ah more yapping. Now you're bringing Creationist up for some reason lmao 🤣

Why isn't he authorized? The mother literally told him to take care of the baby. So if he's in some kind of trouble and need to ask someone to hold the baby for him, he's gonna need to contact the useless mum and wait for her response? If you're asking someone to take care of your baby, you need to trust that person judgement. Let me guess, you're an actual kid that has zero experience with taking care of a baby?

Ah yes. She disappeared with the baby. Then how did they find her if she disappeared?

Dex-chan lover
I agree with you about the judging people by their appearance part. But I am conflicted on the kidnapping part and as much as I hate it, I am inclined to agree with @Sonaldo.
Look, just try the same yourself: Ask a relative for a baby, then disappear with it and count the seconds until the police come looking for you. I feel like it won't be very many. Bonus points if you can make yourself shady as fuck to the mother before trying this.

Fact of the matter is, the only person who was allowed to hold the baby was the brother, and that was only because she had the weird stalker guy to deal with. He didn't have the right to hand the baby off any more than I'd have the right to lend your car to someone else, handshake agreement be damned. Actually, I'd probably be more justified in handing your car off to my crackhead brother than the brother is handing off the infant to the shady girl. But still, if I did it, you'd jump down my throat, and report the car stolen, at the very least. We'd go to court, they'd say "It's not your car. You were lent the car for x, y, and z. You didn't retain ownership of this vehicle, and you had no right to give it to someone else." (Just imagine Judge Judy saying all this)

From the step father's perspective it definitely isn't kidnapping, he believed that Touko got genuinely lost in the crowd. But it was kidnapping according to his sister who was already suspicious of Touko, and thought that she wants to harm her family.
It doesn't matter that she gave herself plausible deniability here. Everyone knows she's shady. The brother just decided to ignore that and leave her with the baby she's clearly been focusing on entirely unattended.
Ah more yapping. Now you're bringing Creationist up for some reason lmao
I tell you about Evolution, and somehow that's "Me making stuff up". The only logical conclusion is you think Humans didn't evolve, and that our traits don't actually help us survive. 🤷‍♂️

Why isn't he authorized?
Because he's not the mom. Mom gave him the baby, not anyone else.

Dex-chan lover
Fact of the matter is, the only person who was allowed to hold the baby was the brother, and that was only because she had the weird stalker guy to deal with.
This is simply just not true, he was told to watch the child, and he can do that while Touko holds it. Never did his sister say that he has to hold on to the child personally.
He didn't have the right to hand the baby off any more than I'd have the right to lend your car to someone else, handshake agreement be damned. Actually, I'd probably be more justified in handing your car off to my crackhead brother than the brother is handing off the infant to the shady girl.
This isn't fair comparison, what the step dad did is more akin to you letting someone else drive the car while you are in the passenger seat, and to your knowledge the driver is at least capable of normal driving. If you want to bring them getting separated into this, I guess you could compare it to you wanting to hop out of the car for a bit, but the driver had to move the car somewhere for some reasons before you came back in. That isn't anything to call the cops about (or to slap the driver for).
Everyone knows she's shady. The brother just decided to ignore that and leave her with the baby she's clearly been focusing on entirely unattended.
The step dad doesn't think of her as shady, it's more like she is a little odd and doesn't know what boundaries there should be between them. He has no reason to think she would want to harm the child.

Dex-chan lover
Look, just try the same yourself: Ask a relative for a baby, then disappear with it and count the seconds until the police come looking for you. I feel like it won't be very many. Bonus points if you can make yourself shady as fuck to the mother before trying this.

Fact of the matter is, the only person who was allowed to hold the baby was the brother, and that was only because she had the weird stalker guy to deal with. He didn't have the right to hand the baby off any more than I'd have the right to lend your car to someone else, handshake agreement be damned. Actually, I'd probably be more justified in handing your car off to my crackhead brother than the brother is handing off the infant to the shady girl. But still, if I did it, you'd jump down my throat, and report the car stolen, at the very least. We'd go to court, they'd say "It's not your car. You were lent the car for x, y, and z. You didn't retain ownership of this vehicle, and you had no right to give it to someone else." (Just imagine Judge Judy saying all this)

It doesn't matter that she gave herself plausible deniability here. Everyone knows she's shady. The brother just decided to ignore that and leave her with the baby she's clearly been focusing on entirely unattended.

I tell you about Evolution, and somehow that's "Me making stuff up". The only logical conclusion is you think Humans didn't evolve, and that our traits don't actually help us survive. 🤷‍♂️

Because he's not the mom. Mom gave him the baby, not anyone else.
Yappy Mcyapper lmao 🤣.

Dex-chan lover
This is simply just not true, he was told to watch the child, and he can do that while Touko holds it. Never did his sister say that he has to hold on to the child personally.
If you take "Watch my baby" as "Watch my baby, but you can give him to your creepy step-daughter", you shouldn't be trusted with babies.
This isn't fair comparison, what the step dad did is more akin to you letting someone else drive the car while you are in the passenger seat, and to your knowledge the driver is at least capable of normal driving. If you want to bring them getting separated into this, I guess you could compare it to you wanting to hop out of the car for a bit, but the driver had to move the car somewhere for some reasons before you came back in. That isn't anything to call the cops about (or to slap the driver for).
An analogy actually needs its parts to line up for it to be effective. She's not "in the passenger seat", she outright gave him the baby and walked away. If you want to extend the analogy to "Hopping out for a bit", then you have to imagine that the driver then managed to give the car to his crackhead brother in the twelve minutes I was away. If you wouldn't slap the driver for that, or call the cops, then would you lend me your car real quick?

The step dad doesn't think of her as shady, it's more like she is a little odd and doesn't know what boundaries there should be between them. He has no reason to think she would want to harm the child.
Compare and contrast his reaction to his step-daughter with his reaction to a girl he knew, for a fact, was trying to entrap him, and possibly destroy his entire life:

418r7r.png

He must have thought of the entrapment as little more than a harmless prank then, if that's how he reacted. Clearly his impression of the girl was one of a naughty little rascal.

Yappy Mcyapper lmao 🤣.
So this is what negative IQ looks like...

Dex-chan lover
She's not "in the passenger seat", she outright gave him the baby and walked away. If you want to extend the analogy to "Hopping out for a bit", then you have to imagine that the driver then managed to give the car to his crackhead brother in the twelve minutes I was away. If you wouldn't slap the driver for that, or call the cops, then would you lend me your car real quick?
Bro seriously, just stop lol. You're embarrassing yourself. What even is your point here lmfao 🤣. Crackhead? Who's supposed to be the crackhead in this analogy? I'm genuinely asking you, do you know what that word means? You seems to use random words to mask the inadequacy in your points.

Dex-chan lover
If you take "Watch my baby" as "Watch my baby, but you can give him to your creepy step-daughter", you shouldn't be trusted with babies.
Touko is not creepy in the stepfather's eyes.
An analogy actually needs its parts to line up for it to be effective. She's not "in the passenger seat", she outright gave him the baby and walked away. If you want to extend the analogy to "Hopping out for a bit", then you have to imagine that the driver then managed to give the car to his crackhead brother in the twelve minutes I was away. If you wouldn't slap the driver for that, or call the cops, then would you lend me your car real quick?
You seem to have misunderstood my analogy. I meant myself as the car (baby) owner (mother), you as the person I loaned my car to in the passenger seat (stepfather), and your friend who drove the car (Touko) who had to leave you for a bit.
Compare and contrast his reaction to his step-daughter with his reaction to a girl he knew, for a fact, was trying to entrap him, and possibly destroy his entire life:
What are you talking about? He had no way of knowing about the entrapment, for all he knew it was some random woman who wanted some dick. He instinctively slapped her away because he didn't want to cheat on his wife. That's why he even apologized right away, since some asking you for sex is no reason to hit them.

Dex-chan lover
Touko is not creepy in the stepfather's eyes.
You're going to have to explain why he shares the exact same expression as his sister, who definitely finds her creepy.
You seem to have misunderstood my analogy. I meant myself as the car (baby) owner (mother), you as the person I loaned my car to in the passenger seat (stepfather), and your friend who drove the car (Touko) who had to leave you for a bit.
:questionblob:

The one hopping out is you. You leave the car with me while you go deal with something. In the 12 minutes you're gone, I've given it to my crackhead brother. You know, the one you don't trust.

What are you talking about? He had no way of knowing about the entrapment, for all he knew it was some random woman who wanted some dick. He instinctively slapped her away because he didn't want to cheat on his wife. That's why he even apologized right away, since some asking you for sex is no reason to hit them.
It was only the literal first thing he thought:

6cm8mj.png

He apologized because that's how the Japanese are.

Users who are viewing this thread