“Okaeri, Papa” - Ch. 18 - Rift

Dex-chan lover
If you take "Watch my baby" as "Watch my baby, but you can give him to your creepy step-daughter", you shouldn't be trusted with babies.

An analogy actually needs its parts to line up for it to be effective. She's not "in the passenger seat", she outright gave him the baby and walked away. If you want to extend the analogy to "Hopping out for a bit", then you have to imagine that the driver then managed to give the car to his crackhead brother in the twelve minutes I was away. If you wouldn't slap the driver for that, or call the cops, then would you lend me your car real quick?

Compare and contrast his reaction to his step-daughter with his reaction to a girl he knew, for a fact, was trying to entrap him, and possibly destroy his entire life:

418r7r.png

He must have thought of the entrapment as little more than a harmless prank then, if that's how he reacted. Clearly his impression of the girl was one of a naughty little rascal.

So this is what negative IQ looks like...
Dad and Yurika make a GREAT pair of abused people.

Oh shit even her mother is a crazy bitch Just what is the endgame the mother and the daughter
Started to think the mom knows what's up with the daughters.
They both love him and want to get knocked up with him.
Like some odd three way relationship

Started to think the mom knows what's up with the daughters.
They both love him and want to get knocked up with him.
Like some odd three way relationship
Mom specifically knows what's up. The other guy didn't read the extra chapters, and neither did you.

Also, mom isn't interested in having more kids, IIRC.

extra chapters???
6.5, 6.9, 12.5, and 14.5.

They're right there. I genuinely don't know how you can miss them, since the website literally tells you what chapters you've read when you're browsing on the title page, and automatically takes you to the bonus chapters if you read through them.

Mom stalked the guy herself, then engineered their first meeting.

guys did the other girl actually got graped? i thought were gonna get back to her in the next chapters,this is making me dislike the manga and the author more

6.5, 6.9, 12.5, and 14.5.

They're right there. I genuinely don't know how you can miss them, since the website literally tells you what chapters you've read when you're browsing on the title page, and automatically takes you to the bonus chapters if you read through them.

Mom stalked the guy herself, then engineered their first meeting.
I read.
I missed the extra chapters

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap this is the first time Ive seen mangadex forum blow up this big

Dex-chan lover
I have a child, and it's like, yeah, it's scary when you don't know where they are, but also, in real life, there will be tons of times where you don't know exactly where they are, or can be 100% sure they are safe. Cause like, real life is chaotic. You can't absolutely lose your shit every time that happens. In this case, she didn't know where he was, but she knew he was with an adult with a trust relationship with her close family member, so it's not like it's actually a crisis. Yeah, she's super paranoid about Touko and Miyako, and she happens to be right that they're dangerous, but she has no actual evidence of that, and if you think about it logically, even if they're like scamming her brother or something, the likelihood that they'll actually do something to harm her son at the fucking summer festival is EXTREMELY low. So, flying off the handle like that is kinda crazy. I'd recommend seeing a therapist or something if you're that emotionally unstable.

In this case, she didn't know where he was, but she knew he was with an adult with a trust relationship with her close family member, so it's not like it's actually a crisis.
Bud, if your brother pawns off your child to some crackhead, you'd be mad. I would find it weirder if you didn't freak out; I don't care how much your brother trusts that crackhead. Especially considering how the crackhead disappeared with the child INSTANTLY.

Dex-chan lover
Bud, if your brother pawns off your child to some crackhead, you'd be mad. I would find it weirder if you didn't freak out; I don't care how much your brother trusts that crackhead. Especially considering how the crackhead disappeared with the child INSTANTLY.
It’s not a crackhead, it’s her brother’s daughter-in-law, and she didn’t disappear instantly, they got separated in a very crowded area when they fireworks started and the crowd started moving unexpectedly. That’s a perfectly normal and reasonable accident. His sister may find her a little odd but she has no reason to believe she’s a psycho who would endanger her son.

It’s not a crackhead, it’s her brother’s daughter-in-law, and she didn’t disappear instantly, they got separated in a very crowded area when they fireworks started and the crowd started moving unexpectedly. That’s a perfectly normal and reasonable accident. His sister may find her a little odd but she has no reason to believe she’s a psycho who would endanger her son.
I don't know why you're trying to paint this like a normal situation. The woman said "I don't trust them at all." She then left her child in her brother's care and he gave it to the people she said she didn't trust. The INSTANT that happens, the girl disappears with the child. We know they're bad, she knows they're bad... hell, HE knows they're bad. The brother had no right to give the baby to the shady girl, the girl had no right to hold on to the baby, and surprise surprise, something bad happened instantly... exactly like the woman worried would... instantly.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't know why you're trying to paint this like a normal situation. The woman said "I don't trust them at all." She then left her child in her brother's care and he gave it to the people she said she didn't trust. The INSTANT that happens, the girl disappears with the child. We know they're bad, she knows they're bad... hell, HE knows they're bad. The brother had no right to give the baby to the shady girl, the girl had to right to hold on to the baby, and surprise surprise, something bad happened instantly... exactly like the woman worried would... instantly.
He doesn't know they're bad. He finds the daughter's sense of distance to be a little weird, but to immediately conclude that she's a psycho based on that is nonsense. It's much more likely that's caused by some kind of emotional issues related to her relationship with her biological father or how she processes grief than her being a shady psycho. That's what you'd normally assume being in his situation. He also knows that his sister has been suspicious and critical of every woman he's brought home (quite likely related to her being a brocon), so when she criticizes them, his first thought is probably that this is just her usual shenanigans (which it sort of is, cause she doesn't really have any objective reason to be so paranoid). He does love and trust both his wife and her daughter, and they've never done anything to harm anyone as far as he knows, so I don't think it's that weird he'd let her carry the son while he's walking right next to her.

He also knows that his sister has been suspicious and critical of every woman he's brought home (quite likely related to her being a brocon)
The first time we see her criticize his choice in women, said woman is a psycho, and has a psycho daughter. They steered him away from marrying a single mother, and quickly concluded that the two are nuts. Dismissing the sound advice as "Brocon" is not a good move.
(which it sort of is, cause she doesn't really have any objective reason to be so paranoid)
The girl's been making passes at the guy, in front of all their faces, while holding her baby, then obsessing over her pregnancy. Not to mention all the touching.
He does love and trust both his wife and her daughter, and they've never done anything to harm anyone as far as he knows, so I don't think it's that weird he'd let her carry the son while he's walking right next to her.
Did you forget the part where he froze up when she asked for the baby? That's not something you do when you trust the other person, and know that you have the right to give it to her.

Plus, you know, the fact that it's not his baby to give. Again: If I give your child away, you mean to tell me you'd just laugh it off?

Crazy how people think the sister is unreasonable. They lost her baby. They had to search for him. Ignoring the fact the guy handed him off to a girl he didn't even know for a year that would be enough to justify her response. If anything the brother's response is bizarre like "chill I just lost your baby why are you mad"

Users who are viewing this thread