Okorippoi Gal wo Date ni Sasotte Mita - Ch. 23 - I met up with an angry gal again

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who feels like this ending was a bit abrupt, like they had to end it quickly or just wanted to get it over with?
I mean, if you read only 5 of the 40 comments in this thread, no, you are not the only one :aquadrink:

But yes, this twitter short was cut short. Author went "I am done with this toy" into failing a forced time skip, her fully ghosting him for a long while when their relationship was at its peak and ending on this.. interaction or whatever.
It is indeed abrupt and simply bad. No problem tho, finishing manga is hard, even twitter shorts.

Aggregator gang
I remember reading on some article interview that a lot of japanese mangaka got some sort of writers shock from the deaths of well known long running mangaka, like the Berzerk author and Akira Toriyama of DBZ for example.

Some mangaka now think doing a story forever until you die is not the way to go, and are now being more active about finishing their stories before they die, leaving their works unfinished.
Convincing mangaka to not milk their series endlessly like an infinite cash cow sounds great in theory, but sadly many of them while they can create great opening and mid-point narratives while fleshing out the main characters and side characters, seem to utterly lack the ability to create a compelling and satisfying ending that fully wraps up the plot and gives proper closure to the full cast of characters the reader has invested their time into.

Most mangaka especially in the RomCom sphere don't seem to really give any consideration towards their endings beyond keeping the confession for the end, so that the false progress then backtracking game of cat and mouse can continue until the series ultimately falls in popularity and gets the axe from the publisher.

Dex-chan lover
:worry: only a matter of time before some authors start killing their own characters out of jealousy of their pseudo immortality (lived happily ever after etc). Doesn't even have to be tragic untimely death, just show their graves after very long timeskip.

This is actually what is speculated to have happened with Gal Cleaning. Author seemed like they purposefully sabotaged the story of a manga that they probably didn't care for to begin with but couldn't get out of until it was cancelled.

Dex-chan lover
as much as this ending are so lackluster ...at least creator didnt do NTR bait like other series

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, she didn't conform to japanese work standards by painting her hair black, nor did she remove her tongue ring.

This gal already has a stronger will than most of the japanese work force.

I say this cause I have seen way too many gal manga end with the gal changing herself at the end to be more "normal", as if to imply being a gal is just a phase they grow out of after school.
Oh shit up gaijin

Dex-chan lover
I remember reading on some article interview that a lot of japanese mangaka got some sort of writers shock from the deaths of well known long running mangaka, like the Berzerk author and Akira Toriyama of DBZ for example.

Some mangaka now think doing a story forever until you die is not the way to go, and are now being more active about finishing their stories before they die, leaving their works unfinished.
Well that's depressin, but I also kinda get it.

Users who are viewing this thread