Okorippoi Gal wo Date ni Sasotte Mita - Ch. 23 - I met up with an angry gal again

Double-page supporter
thank for the TL. Can't expect much about the end with this format.

Group Leader
Yup as expected, can't go far if your story is just 2 tropes "tanned gal" + "tsundere" and one schema "acts mad, then sweet". And 2 bad last chapters as bonus "we stopped contact for no reason" + "vague confession no-end ending" heh!

Thanks for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
I remember reading on some article interview that a lot of japanese mangaka got some sort of writers shock from the deaths of well known long running mangaka, like the Berzerk author and Akira Toriyama of DBZ for example.

Some mangaka now think doing a story forever until you die is not the way to go, and are now being more active about finishing their stories before they die, leaving their works unfinished.
Honestly, it's a good decision on their part. Romcoms are super suseptible to lackluster endings and the longer they play out, the higher expectations get. Anything short of marriage and kids is seen as an L and the longer the Manga is the more disappointing the outcome is. In the case of this Manga, it's not that bad because it was short. In the case of Mangas like love hina and ranma 1/2, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Dex-chan lover
It feels pretty abrupt ending... well the time skip was kinda random also. Also she really ghosted him for half a year +?!

Supporter
So, since we're at the end, I think I'm ready to confess. I absolutely don't like tongue piercing. Sorry you have to hear it from me... :worry:

Dex-chan lover
Better than her getting a call from her new boyfriend, but other than that...

i-want-more-wheres-the-rest-of-it.gif

Aggregator gang
Am I the only one who feels like this ending was a bit abrupt, like they had to end it quickly or just wanted to get it over with?

Users who are viewing this thread