Oku-sama wa Niizuma-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Kyoukara Shinbuseikatsu. "Today Starts My Life as a Bride"

jak

Contributor
This is like Oku-san and No Guard Wife mixed together with a dash of her being able to easily manipulate him. Follow.

Fed-Kun's army
instant follow, i love those fluffy rom coms, i hope the translation group wont drop it 😍

EagerSameAltiplanochinchillamouse-max-1mb.gif

Dex-chan lover
Being all awkward after getting married, and unlike in Kawaii, they don't look like under 20's, makes it an instant skip.

Dex-chan lover
“Love nest”

Oh yeah, he knows what’s up

Double-page supporter
Ma'am? Excuse me, ma'am. Please, don't wear the cow print. No, there's nothing wrong, it's just too stimulating.

how tf you mofos even reading this shit, a page an hour? talk about dedication

Aggregator gang
You either sleep in your underwear or in clothes without underwear...
I think you're a madman to do sleep wearing both.

Fed-Kun's army
@Donoman

No, I added it after your comment. Chapter 2 has the imgur mirror on the title, and I'll keep it there until the DDOS issue has been resolved.

@alanala

In manga, no face generally means he's a side character with no individual development (like the husband in the similar manga "Oku-san"), but in this one, it's somewhat unusual because his thoughts are reflected on the page like he's a proper main character. Maybe he'll appear later.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@ThePaulBunyanTrophy In the second to last 4koma you've got this memey TL note for "dere", when the sfx is actually just "tere tere", embarrassed.

Aggregator gang
WTH did she get married in the first place!?!?
Jeez, if all she wanted was a roommate...
Get a cat.
A dog would want too much intimate contact; you know where they stick their noses.

Oy.
I'ma gonna start channeling @kronix now... well, maybe not.

But at this rate, she'll be able to get the marriage annulled on her Golden wedding anniversary... because it was never consummated.

The doujins... are our only hope, Obi-Wan.

All that said, there is a fair amount of humor in this.
It's a trope, yes, but a nicely done take on it.

Which will make the inevitable parodies that much more fun, if they can capture the author's style and characterization.

I mean, jeez, have they even kissed?
No.
Have they... gasp... HELD HANDS!?!?

It's clear they've never been dancing...

OK, so I'm channeling a Kinder and Gentler kronix.

Users who are viewing this thread