Okusama wa Joshikousei

Dex-chan lover
@Andraker and now it is at 3.89. The downward spiral continues.

@WhoSainT I'm going to hazard a guess that it's along Im-Dal Young's works, haven't read this and don't plan to. Im-Dal Young often starts with a great fantastical premise, very good art, and decently likeable characters, only to degrade them into the girl that got raped by her brother when she was 14 and is still submissive to her brother even though she's in love with the MC, the MC not standing up to her brother or oblivious to what she is going through, and other things along the line of NTR. It turns into a story where the characters have almost no common sense, the protagonists cower in impotence, while the antagonists do whatever they want with little repercussions.

A rating of 3.91? I can see why it got this low. I am not a good judge so I'll say that this manga is that some people like it while some don't. I honestly will say this is a 4/10 in my opinion.

Fed-Kun's army
@Tsumi sorry but what manga were you talking about? Just curious and want to check it out if it is one of the series I dropped or not.

Why bother scanlating this series with an UNDER 4 rating? You should put that work and energy to some other works

@lobsterboy Let me answer that for you: They are doing this shit for free, so that means they do it because they somewhat like it. It doesn't matter if it has poor ratings or whatever, as long they enjoy the series that should be enough reason to keep doing it. Or maybe someone donated money for them to keep the series going, that should be a good enough reason as well.

If you think there's a series that deserves to be translated/scanlated more than this one, you can always go and do it yourself. Or pay someone that is willing to do it.

Dex-chan lover
@MavB_Ver The ones I had in mind were Freezing and Legend of Maian. Unbalance X2 treads along those lines too.

jak

Contributor
@lobsterboy

Because ratings don't matter. This shit isn't the greatest, but not deserving of all the ones it's getting. That's the problem with the 1 to 10 rating system. It's so easily manipulated. It's just a bunch of butthurt faggots who jump straight into giving it a bad score because something triggered them.

jak

Contributor
@Tsumi

I always love when people bring up that arc from Freezing because they get butthurt that she was his sex slave, but don't ever bring up the fact that she came out of that arc stronger. They just see the "oh sex slave" and not the "her finally breaking free of that terrible thing looming over her because of her love for the main guy."

Contributor
Best suited for NTR fans. If you love mindless Stepford women who bend without resistance to the wills of the people around them like a willow in the wind, you'll love Asami.

MAL is retarded.

0OyGnLJ.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Now that its completed i just glanced through it without actually reading.
I remember reading the first chapters ages ago and it was first level crap, and from what i have "seen", its crap till the very end.
Funny thing how the author tries sooooo hard to dodge the bullet of making her cheat with some other guy but is totally fine with her having lesbian orgies xDDD. Meanwhile, the teacher that is always doubting her and being jealous when he sees her with other guys, is the one to cheat first!

@WhoSainT: because its crap.
@EnRyuu_surf: MangaUpdates says its only 13 volumes, 143 chapters, so.
@Kwijo: dunno why would you recomend a work without NTR to NTR fans...

Contributor
@Tearsax -- Maybe we see it differently, but as far as I'm concerned it is because as a fetish, NTR is designed to provoke jealousy in the audience by proxy by having a character indulge in sexual activity with someone other than the protagonist. That is a central theme in this manga. I can't really get into the huge list of sexual activities that were there specifically to provoke those feelings (also for the eye candy) without going into spoilers which are prohibited in the general comments section. However, sexual activity isn't limited to just one specific sex act and it isn't even limited by the gender of the partner. What's important isn't the specific act, but the emotion it is intended to draw out in the audience. One only has to browse the chapter comments to see that Kobayashi-sensei clearly hit that note and hard. That and Asumi is a spitting image of the character type. I was being sincere that you'll love Asami if you love that character type. Finally, even if you don't consider any of the acts to be "technically" NTR, if you enjoy seeing the protagonist's woman being swept up in sexual situations by other people, this manga has that in droves.

Dex-chan lover
@jak: You are not wrong but also not right.
Ratings arent absolute, but also arent something to discard. Wherever you go there is just as much people who are hyped and blindly vote 10s as there are haters that blindly vote 1s. Sometimes ratings just show how much of every group read that series.
A series with a bad rating doesnt mean that it MUST be bad, it just means that its only a minority of people that like it. The same with series with good ratings, it doesnt mean that you are gonna like it, it just means that there are more people who like it than people who hate it.

With time and experience you are able to "judge" ratings, because people tend to love/hate some kind of genres or content and sometimes ratings are just biased on whats trendy or on how many chapters were out when people voted.
And thats why I take ratings as some kind of "reference", not to know "how good a series is" but to know "how many people like that series". Not that it means much, but having a reference is better than having none.

After saying all this, i still believe that this one in particular is trash beyond salvation. Its not weird how it has the lowest/one of the lowest ratings on the whole site, because its PRETTY difficult to find someone that would like it. But difficult aint impossible, minorities also count.

Dex-chan lover
@jak

I dropped Freezing in the middle of that arc, so I wouldn't know how it ended. However, the whole scenario dragged on for far too long, came out of almost nowhere, and is (IMO) completely unnecessary drama where the alternate dimension beings and corrupt world government would have been enough antagonism in what should be a mostly action manwha.

And again, Im-Dal Young has a habit of building up strong female characters, only to break them down and NTR the main character. Not to mention his extremely bad habit of starting multiple manwhas and leaving them half finished.

Users who are viewing this thread