Omega Heroine Wants Her Alpha Villainess - Ch. 42 - Celebration

I've checked it out and the TL quality is fine but the westernized names feel really off.
They kept the chinese family names (putting them behind the given name), meaning "Wei Quingyu" became "Serena Wei" and "Ji Xiao" became "Willow Ji". Also, MC's creepy dad is renamed "Nigel", the other omega crushing on MC "Jenny" and Wei Quingyu's aunt who became a teacher is named "Luna Lau".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I've checked it out and the TL quality is fine but the westernized names feel really off.
They kept the chinese family names (putting them behind the given name), meaning "Wei Quingyu" became "Serena Wei" and "Ji Xiao" became "Willow Ji". Also, MC's creepy dad is renamed "Nigel", the other omega crushing on MC "Kiki" and Wei Quingyu's aunt who became a teacher is named "Luna Lau".
that alone doesn't make me want to read the official :shamihuh:

Thank you for your work!

Dex-chan lover
@Raeisalive are you gonna drop this series? Please don't, official translation seems like garbage, westernized name is  never a good sign, they surely made other unnecessary changes.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will never touch the official translation.
Besides the names it's fine, but everyone has to make their own choices.

Dex-chan lover
Changing the name is enough reason to not trust it, just because it's readable and seems fine doesn't mean it's correct, I trust @Raeisalive translation infinitely more than official translation with stupid changes.
That's fair. The issue tends to be that "hard to pronounce" or "unfamiliar" names can turn away a general audience, so I can understand the decisions they have to make. The type of people on this site are different from the average person. I appreciate both translations (the names are weird for me too) but I understand your point.

Dex-chan lover
@Raeisalive are you gonna drop this series? Please don't, official translation seems like garbage, westernized name is  never a good sign, they surely made other unnecessary changes.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will never touch the official translation.
For what it's worth, Mojito's official translation also used westernized names, but the translation quality was actually better than both available fan translations. There is one specific chapter where the leads are arguing, and both fan translations felt awkward (in different ways), like the characters were arguing on different topics. The official translation was notably more coherent and showed some nuances that seemed to be lost in the fan translations.

So translation quality isn't necessarily linked to that choice. However, I also dislike the westernized names quite strongly.

I'll get over it eventually, though. At least buying it supports the author and signals to the company (Tapas in this case) that fans want more GL manhwa.

Dex-chan lover
For what it's worth, Mojito's official translation also used westernized names, but the translation quality was actually better than both available fan translations. There is one specific chapter where the leads are arguing, and both fan translations felt awkward (in different ways), like the characters were arguing on different topics. The official translation was notably more coherent and showed some nuances that seemed to be lost in the fan translations.

So translation quality isn't necessarily linked to that choice. However, I also dislike the westernized names quite strongly.

I'll get over it eventually, though. At least buying it supports the author and signals to the company (Tapas in this case) that fans want more GL manhwa.
Translation quality will always be in question if they changed names, if they changed that they might have changed something else, I'll never pay for such crap, ever, it's exactly because of that attitude that they think making changes is acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread