Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint - Ch. 22 - Hour of Judgement (1)

Fed-Kun's army
Why did that glasses suit guy even live this long in ther first place
I kn now hes supposed to be the assinine fool who makes all the mistakes but logically the MC shouldve let him die ages ago, he's repeatedly proven to be detrimental to the group and the MC's interests. He can fuck off.

I'm curious as to the appeal of reading about an MC that literally knows the solution to basically every problem, is always cool headed, and can magic information out of thin air, all while he is practically handed gear that the narrator then fellates as being really good. It is just for self insert purposes right? Cuz judging by pure literary merit these litrpgs are not much more advanced than Ready Player One.

@BigIron69 imo i think the appeal is how he tackles the situation when it all goes terribly wrong (which will happen sooner or later) even if he has prior knowledge abt the solution

Fed-Kun's army
@BigIron69 when I first started reading the novel I was expecting some generic power up fantasy bs like usual, but I persisted since I heard a lot of good things about it. Things do go terribly wrong later, and even with knowledge of future scenarios sacrifices have to be made. One of the things I was expecting was having to sit through all 100 main scenarios but luckily a lot are omitted for spoiler reasons. Anyways this sword and his future coat are mainstay gear, which are the only significant items he ever gets in all 500+ chapters. Also for cool-headed MC
he is only this cold in the early chapters. His 4th wall skill helps him separate reality from fiction, and this is gonna come up later and cause issues with his party. He also gets criticized for not saving as many people as he could have by the starstream. Well MC does get character growth so endgame MC is different from the apathetic jerk you’re seeing right now
. Imo the early chapters are generic but the good stuff is later, especially near the end

@BigIron69 I second what @RoundRobin said. I too didn't quite see the appeal of ORV in the beginning chapters of the novel but continued reading it due to the praise I heard. It's only the beginning scenarios that he'll be able to clear with relative ease, the later ones do pose a struggle even with the knowledge from the "future". (It does drag quite a bit in the novel, which has 500 chapters and the real good stuff starts around 250 or so imo. Not sure how it's going to be in the webtoon, I'm sure they're going to omit some things, though for now it mainly seems to be more of the internal thoughts of the MC, sadly.) There's also the protagonist of the novel, who is on his 3rd try now and as we've just learned in this chapter, he would've at least regressed yet another three times, so it really won't be smooth sailing.

Minor spoilers(?)
There's going to be a little bit of a meta about what it means to be a reader/someone who consumes content for entertainment even at the cost of the suffering of others (re: the constellations, Dokja and, well, you and me), which I loved

What kept me continue the novel at this point though was mainly just wanting to know more about the novel's protagonist Joonghyuk, the constellations and the dokkaebis and who the author of the novel Way of Survival is and why they had the knowledge of the future.

But yeah, it's going to stay like this for a while where it's just gonna be another self insert webtoon with a MC who knows everything. It's up to you if you drop it or maybe come back to it when more chapters have been released. Obviously, as someone who quite likes ORV, I hope that you'll come to enjoy it too 😊

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer I mean that's the thing innit? The fact he hadn't realized in the real world, only in the later loops of novel, is why that chest is still there.

Considering the MC doesn't have that timeline ability, presumably that 'protag' will forever be on this timeline (or leave them behind in it), unless some kind of weird shenanigans happen there. That said, as a manhwa only read I don't actually know how things will play out, but yeah, I think you're right the 'protag' was established as being on a pretty early loop, and I can't imagine how that'd change now.

Loops therefore will generally just be referring to how the in world novel went down, presumably. So things the 'later loops of protag' knew, the actual guy in the real world won't necessarily know, I guess.

That Constellation "Secretive Plotter" reminds me to much of Tzeentch himself.

So many "Just as planned!" moments.

Smooth sailing for Dokja so far and i don't really like it, there's no real challenge with that flat face. Totally surprised nobody even questioning or wary of his knowledge.

Looking forward to more challenging or unexpected quest.

Thank you TLs. The novel reference at the end credits is greatly appreciated specially on cliffs.

Thanks you guys for translating this manhwa
Hope u guys do it till the end ☺️😊😊

Anyone know what chapter it this is?
@NapoEze Just search the name.
note that you won't get that much result in NovelUpdates as that is a Translation directory site.
So better search Google.
I know where to read it but I can't tell if mentioning the name of the site is allowed.

The story became too Mary Sueish for my tastes but your comments give me some hope. Also Art is good so it would be a waste to stop here.

Users who are viewing this thread