One Punch Man (Webcomic/Original) - Ch. 134

That damn Suiryu want to be punched in the face he forgot the one saved his life

Edit...
Wait, i mixed the comic and webcomic version

Fed-Kun's army
can anyone please stop this drama so that everyone can enjoy both manga & webcomic version in peace?

@lovolo Yep, that's right. It is all just speculation. I think the general consensus though is that the redrawn manga is not as good as the webcomic. And having read ONE's other works, his story writing is pretty consistent - he doesn't beat around the bush, which is what the redrawn manga seems to do a lot.

oohhh~ so this is the first time Saitama met Suiryuu in the webcomic!?... i never know dat,

Double-page supporter
@Boag

The storyboard is still made by ONE. Murata may occasionally offer an input, but ONE has said he is still approving everything. Therefore, any differences between the manga and the webcomic are at the very last approved by ONE, if not outright made by him.

@boag None of those changes impact the direction of the plot. And the subsequent battles don't need to be over-the-top, since a lot of it even then had to do with the Heroes being tired/beat up to begin with, this just sets that more firmly. Readers getting confused I think has much more to do with the irregular publication times for the webcomic. It's unfortunate, but ultimately unimportant and again, has no meaningful impact on the overall arc.

Even if it does in the long run, it just means you have two different ways to experience the story, much like other adaptations (people really like Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings for example, but it had a number of changes from it's source material, both cut and added material... The Hobbit wasn't so good, but that wasn't merely because it was different)... so long as people enjoy one or both, it's not a real problem.

As a writer myself, I can understand the desire to modify an original story to improve it... sometimes it even works out (see again Tolkien's "The Hobbit" unabridged/abridged... or numerous Director's Cuts/Extended Editions of various movies).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it as you will. Have a good day.

Dex-chan lover
@Njin
then is there such a massive divergence in tone and pace?
Why are event changing?
Face it, ONE does not seem to have the final word.
@Tsenzei
None of those changes impact the direction of the plot.
The fact that Suiryu doesnt know who Saitama is in the WN goes directly in contrary to this argument

And the subsequent battles don't need to be over-the-top, since a lot of it even then had to do with the Heroes being tired/beat up to begin with, this just sets that more firmly.
The thing is, it took the combined effort of the Monsters to bring down Tatsumaki to a point where she was weakened, this changes the entire point of the final fight now, since she will be coming into it as an underdog and not as the massive threat the monsters banded together to take down.

Even if it does in the long run, it just means you have two different ways to experience the story,
Yes, one better paced and plotted than the other.

As a writer myself, I can understand the desire to modify an original story to improve it
Look ill admit i enjoyed a lot of the fleshing out of Garou as a character in the extra chapters, but other stuff that has been added has just made the plot slow down to a snails pace, it honestly was better when the changes were minor and it was a more direct adaptation of the webcomic with Muratas art.

if you guys red carefully, you'll saw that blue a little startle when he said "caped baldy".

I guess he still recalled what happened to that many hand robot monster when that sh*t called saitama caped baldy.

Haha, ONE just confirmed that the Martial Arts Tournament is non-canon... though I guess that's a little underwhelming cause it means Suiryu never got his character development in this continuity.

Good to finally see an update on Psykos's status.

Users who are viewing this thread