One Punch Man (Webcomic/Original) - Ch. 134

Group Leader
WAITTT!!!!!!!!! A DAMN MINUTE!!!!! Suiko was a girl!????? I thought he was a guy this entire time. XD

@Nessen If you're talking about Eyeshield 21 then the writer for that one is Riichiro Inagaki who also writes Dr Stone as for now. Murata is the illustrator.

Dex-chan lover
@TheLargeRoomba
If ONE still had control over the story, then why is there such a massive divergence between the Manga and the Webcomic?
the Interview itself says Murata brings stuff up and supposedly ONE changes and approves, but why would one go out of his way to make Suiryu not remember Saitama when a one liner and a flashback could have cleared it up?

ONE is no stranger to flashbacks, and he has used them before.

This doesnt add up.

Also, the guidebook was released in October 2015, the Martial arts tournament chapter was in July 2015, so we dont have a solid idea of when the interview was before or after work on the Martial arts tournament started.

Haha, this chapter hits differently when one remembers that there was no tournament in this version. Assuming we ever get to the Neo Heroes arc, this scene should be even funnier in the manga.

And we've just seen another reason why Suiko is waaay cooler than her brother: she respects Saitama and she didn't even laugh at the "push-ups and sit-ups" bit (it's been a while since we've seen it - I even started missing it a bit).

I'm intrigued by the scene with Psykos. I hope we won't have to wait long for the continuation of this plot thread.

Also, here goes Saitama, yet again ignoring absolutely everything Genos said. :D

Double-page supporter
@boag The webcomic and manga are different continuities. ONE liked the character of Suiryu and is in the process of cementing his place in the story, but it'd be really strange for the webcomic to suddenly start referencing events that never happened in it's own continuity so it makes sense to have Saitama and Suiryu meet now. A flashback would work but isn't necessary when this method works fine. I assume if/when the manga reaches this point the dialogue will just be changed to reflect the two having met before; something like Suiryu saying he's seen Saitama's strength first hand and gives him permission to date Suiko, and Saitama not remembering Suiryu at all and flat out denying that he's pursuing Suiko.

Dex-chan lover
@logos
dude trust me is not an argument.

@KoDoge
but it'd be really strange for the webcomic to suddenly start referencing events that never happened in it's own continuity
Why not? Flashy and Sonic got their backstories fleshed out via Flashback, as did Handsome Mask, why would Siuryu be different?

I assume if/when the manga reaches this point the dialogue will just be changed to reflect the two having met before; something like Suiryu saying he's seen Saitama's strength first hand and gives him permission to date Suiko, and Saitama not remembering Suiryu at all and flat out denying that he's pursuing Suiko.
not to put words in your mouth, but didnt you just advocate in your previous point that a simple reference wouldnt work?

Supporter
Yeah, let's work together

- Saitama who has no idea about what Genos is talking about.

Dex-chan lover
Suiryu and Suiko get along surprisingly well. My initial impression was that they had some kind of rivalry or falling out or something since they were on opposing factions, but I guess that was just a coincidence.

@boag wrote: "dude trust me is not an argument."

Reply: Seems to have "worked" for the news media for a long time. Hehe.

Anyway, I think people are being overly worried about differences. None of them are major enough to really alter the overall plot, and even if it adds up to being "enough" it's not the first time an adaptation has deviated from the source material (which can be good or bad). If nothing else, it means you can read the "same" story twice and get two different experiences (above and beyond the difference between ONE's art and Murata's). And that seems like a reasonable deal to me.

Contrary to so many others here, I don't get why Suiryu would recognize Saitama here in the webcomic. Suiryu hasn't met him yet here, has he? The whole tournament arc in Murata's version where Saitama fights Suiryu wasn't in the webcomic. If I remember correctly, the webcomic went directly into the subdue Garou arc without a tournament.

@Nessen
"Would Murata, the more established, big-name, published artist have a motive to lie or stretch the truth to save face compared to ONE, an amateur who publishes his own work? Has ONE consistently shown us plots that grip us, despite the terrible art? Based solely on having read Eyeshield 21, Murata's story writing abilities seem to be consistent with what he's shown us in the redrawn version of One Punch Man. His plots sometimes seem to just meander, lack impact, or go nowhere important."

LMAO dude you have no idea how much Murata fucking fawns over any and everything ONE creates. Like seriously, ONE has had to withhold drafts in order to make Murata spend time with his own fucking family.

And ONE is *not* a fucking amateur what the fuck? He has a *completed* and fully published manga that has received two seasons of anime that both received critical acclaim. You may have heard of it, it's called Mob Psycho 100.

This is literally how their process goes: ONE makes drafts > Murata draws out the drafts, sometimes adding stuff in between draft pages (for example, the Genos fight against Elder Centipede) to expand on things (should also note that ONE literally asks him to do this, where he just puts the start and end of a fight and tells Murata to do whatever) > Murata shows his drafts to ONE for approval > any changes ONE says to make are made > chapter is published.

Like FFS look at some of the drafts ONE sent to Murata:
https://imgur.com/r/manga/sLQlL
https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/1275580342389272577
https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/1070162620332666880
https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/1034806805979791360
https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/921832488963522560
https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/921833300041261056

@boag
"This sole chapter proves someone is giving directions to ONE for the Manga, and like i said, its either the Editor, or Murata himself.
Youre pretty much half admitting this in your response but refuse to fully acknowledge it."

The OPM manga has no editor, it's only ONE and Murata flying the ship, dude. Maybe, just maybe, ONE has a different vision for the manga and webcomic, which makes sense, given how their stories are different ESPECIALLY with additions ONE himself made to the manga. Literally any changes Murata would make to the story he passes by ONE first, how fucking hard is it to grasp? If ONE is unhappy with anything in the manga, he'd have told Murata to change it. And Murata, given how much he fanboys over ONE, would drop everything and do it immediately.

@BakaTono Thanks, I completely fucking forgot that mini-arc wasn't in the web comic, and was wondering why this guy didn't recognize Saitama after literally saving his life.

I thought ONE would try to reconcile the storyline of the webcomic with the manga, seems like they'll both continue to stay on parallel streams.

@skaianDestiny Yo, how do you know all these intricate business details? Are you Murata himself? Damn, bro. I didn't know I was talking to Murata himself. How else would you know all of this for a fact, with no room for doubt? Just one thing though Murata I know your art is good and all but can you stop making the plot all meandering?

@lovolo So Murata's done this to OTHER writers? Oof.

Dex-chan lover
@Tsenzei
but we have had a major plot difference, i mean, people here are already asking why Suiryu doesnt remember Saitama, and the monster asoc arc has had such a massive divergence with Boros that the climatic battle with Sperm, ENW and Homeless Emperor and even Garou is gonna have to be ramped up even more or its gonna look like a sad joke in comparison.

@skaianDestiny
dude, you dismissed any criticism given a bit ago as just MURATA CAN DO NO WRONG because ONE reigns him in, that is obviously not the case at all.
Also you keep saying that ONE has a different view of how he wants to treat the manga? With how Mob Psycho went and how the Webcomic is going, the OPM manga is definetly not something ONE would plot. The pacing has become over bloated, the manga has surpassed the webcomic in chapter numbers and it hasnt even ended one of the major story arcs that was over in the Webcomic before it hit 3 digit chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread