Onee-sama to Watashi: Ojou-sama ga Isekai Tensei - Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Theyre getting a little overeager with cliffhangers, but.

Junko might be the one who will ultimately break the system summoning overworlders. Someone who knows nothing of the inner workings, but has the decisive selfishness to break through manipulation.

Double-page supporter
Tbh I am totally not against having an entire chapter dedicate to our dear brother. I want to see him react to Carla's original chant and explain how he has died once already and make an even better alternate timeline. That would be cool, but obviously fruitless since they've already dealt with such reincarnators.

Too bad he's dead for good....may he find peace in next or afterlife

Dex-chan lover
Whatever system is able to reincarnate otherworlders to be used as cattle for the people of this world needs to be blown to bits. Solve your own problems. Don't drag in sad souls from somewhere else just to use and torture them.

I feel bad for the average joe with no power to change the system but I can't say I'd blame otherworlders if they decide to nuke this awful world they got thrown into average joes and all.

I hope protags evil sister does something useful now instead of just buying products made from the suffering of her fellow otherworlders 😡

Dex-chan lover
Seeing Junko's mother manipulate her into ruining Hinako, seeing Junko ruthlessly discard her "tool", Hinako's resolve to kill her "little brother" man, I've been waiting to see this scene translated.
When I read the raws, in my head I used different words, but it's still there, that raw feeling that just reaches in and grabs your heart.

More, please.

Dex-chan lover
Hinako and Junko really are the core of this series. As good as all the others are, they really do feel like the ones driving everything.

Junko is honestly starting to become my favorite character. It was pretty easy to hate Junko originally and while she's obviously manipulative and uses others for her own ends, there's an element of tragedy as you slowly see the whos, whats and whys that twisted her and it feels like there is a genuine, if corrupted, love for Hinako in her. She's not a nice person but she's definitely a more interesting and layered character than originally thought.

Dex-chan lover
Rip box boy
Rip tree girl
Two siblings down...
Wendigo might survive this. The author has gone to great lengths to tease her fourth skill, especially pointing out in the volume 4 extras/chapter 15.5 that Wendy using it would have been an instant failure condition during the time loop. It's a very conspicuous loaded Chekov's Gun.

Now, given how much body horror this manga likes to use, she might not need to stay alive for someone else to come along and harvest her skill.

Dex-chan lover
Rest in peace, brother. :meguuusad:
Honestly, a part of me kinda wished to find a way to bring him back to normal somehow, but that might be impossible, after all. Even if it's possible, his mental state must be a wreck. He couldn't go back to how he was before. So this might be the best and kindest ending for him.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

Junko is honestly starting to become my favorite character. It was pretty easy to hate Junko originally and while she's obviously manipulative and uses others for her own ends, there's an element of tragedy as you slowly see the whos, whats and whys that twisted her and it feels like there is a genuine, if corrupted, love for Hinako in her. She's not a nice person but she's definitely a more interesting and layered character than originally thought.
nah the more we know about her the more she fits into the "villain with a tragic past, so you should care for them too!" and it's an overused/lame trope tbh.

I will continue hating on Junko because being abused/having a hard life doesn't justify anything she's doing right now, hell, it only makes me hate her more.

anw, RIP that guy. May he be more lucky in his next life.

Users who are viewing this thread