Onee-sama to Watashi: Ojou-sama ga Isekai Tensei - Vol. 4 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
OMGG IT FINALLY UPDATED
ETiGWOF.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
I did notice the yakuza trope with how the giant's "initiate" new siblings into the family with a sakazuki ceremony, but having Elis speak their dialect was something that never occurred to me.

New robo imouto getto? We're going to have a harem of imouto's at this rate!

I wonder where Junko fell off to.

Dex-chan lover
I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I adore the the underground scene.

At first glance it's nothing special. Girl finds mech in underground setting tehe~

But there is so much depth here. First of all she wants to go above ground to help her friend/sister/love. Even while seriously injured.

But doing so she gets a flashback of... that person... telling her that she only befriended our lovely little sister because she needs strength to survive. Said person whose name I've forgotten is probably projecting a shit ton of her insecurities on her while saying this.

But anyway. She gets to the robot and it calls her master, once activated.

Not even a few panels ago we had a flashback where it was either implied that she feels like she tricked our little giant into being her sister, for her own benefit, or their relationship might have actually started out like that.

If she was actually as bad of a human being as she probably thinks she is, she would not reject the title of master that quickly.

It's a robot, sure it talks humanoid and acts like it, yet there is no proof it truly passes some form of isekai turing test.

For all intends and purposes chatgpt over here calling her master is not something she has to brother about.

It does not reflect on her mortality at all.

But she chooses to tell them to call her onee sama. the very thing that, she was accused of using to manipulate little giant into being her little sister.

The similarities are clearly intentional.

Yes she finds a weapon, but she chooses to love it. To view it as a friend, an ally.

Someone worthy of respect.

She even draws from other works of fiction to explain it.

She is stranded all alone in another world (the island), but she finds people (the little boy) that stay by her side in this crushing loneliness. Which is why she rejcts that notion of the book that her only friends should call her master, just because of a small difference of from where they come, who they are.

This one undergound scene gracefully backslapped every isekai slave owner trope to ever exist. past, present and future.

Fantastic

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for picking the series up!

For me the dialect was only difficult for the first couple words and then it became relatively easy to understand

Double-page supporter
Why did the giant gain an extra chromosome from page 13 onwards, but was speaking normally in the pages prior?

Dex-chan lover
Holyshit thanks a lot for picking this up!
Also now they've got a Gundam sister I guess?
Cheers!

Dex-chan lover
For whats worth I just want to leave another comment about the accent, it completely breaks the flow of the chapter as I have to slowly read each bubble to even try to parse what she is trying to say, it really is a bad choice.

Power Uploader
Definitely tone down the accent. Stuff like "-in'" and "yer" are fine, but stuff like "gahd" makes it sound less like an accent and more like she's only recently learned how to speak.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh I love the dialect, I find it easy to read because of how similar it is to my folks, so I vote to keep it in.

Now with that outa the way, I’m happy to see that someone finally picked it up after 9 months. It’s back and better than ever, I’m excited to see where everything goes in this story.

Dex-chan lover
The mech is a lil too close deus ex machina for comfort, but since I love everything else about this manga to death I still have hope. Also suddenly asking a robot from another world if they know Robinson Crusoe IN THAT SITUATION felt like parody and out of place. BUT STILL HAVE HOPE.
Thanks for picking it up and Translating, agree with some that the dialect idea isn't bad but the way it's done is a lil gibberish. Maybe toning it down a little will come across better.

Users who are viewing this thread