Oni ga Deru ka Ja ga Deru ka - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Fed-Kun's army
Why does gender or species make the difference between being brought in to breed change anything about anything?

Dex-chan lover
@MoonyRuney Species makes a difference because it means he's part of the tribe. It is ultimately his species, not just theirs, that will be wiped out if they don't breed. If he thinks of himself as human, it's not really his problem, or at least not directly so . . . this weird tribe of weird people aren't going to have another generation, but he's separate from that, he's a human, and humans are doing fine. But if he's one of them, not one of the humans, then it's him and his bunch who will not continue. From a cosmic viewpoint that might not matter, but nobody has one of those and if they did their species would terminate.
Gender . . . well. Suffice it to say that gender equality in sexual politics does not currently exist, and certainly not in Japan. So yeah, it makes a difference, but those are deep muddy waters so let's not enter them.

Dex-chan lover
@MoonyRuney It's not really gender that's the difference it's the species . The MC mating with the girls is incomparable to Yuuri mating with human men because the MC and the girls are of the same species, unlike the case with Yuuri and human men. Being brought in to copulate with the same species is completely different from doing it with another species. A human man would for example be completely repulsed by the idea of mating with female apes but would take a different stance if he were to be told to mate with human women.

Dex-chan lover
@MoonyRuney

As for the species thing, It's not that deep to me. I think it's just for drama from author-kun. Mostly, the kid is trying to white-knight and be defiant to get back at the women who felt the need to manipulate him. That's why the girl had to set him straight about his mentality.

Also, I'm not saying he should be a breeding bull by calling him a white-knight, but at that age he should have hit puberty and his mini-me should have a voice too.

Double-page supporter
wow, this chapter make me realize the situation actually quite common material for H manga ... =3= ...

Dex-chan lover
I did not expect such a discourse about free will, the duty towards a community and the intricacies of race and gender in a harem manga, this was a nice surprise.

Dex-chan lover
@Sh4dey I'm afraid that after years and years of being openly shunned by the opposite sex, his mini-me must be quite atrophied by now.

Yuuri and Shiro's argument falls apart as soon as you realize the MC is half human. He really IS a different species.

Dex-chan lover
when you have so much pussah throwing themselves at you but you try your hardest to beta-self-cuck out of all that free pussah

Dex-chan lover
I'm so sick of this whiny POS protagonist. Happy someone finally set him straight.

Dex-chan lover
So much talk about species but the focus was more on the notion of them being family or strangers. The argument makes more sense if you pay more attention to that part. As Cellynis it's not really a species issue since they can interbreed and with science having a few conflicting definitions of species that biologists are arguing over, you won't get much from that view. I think you should look at it more as him viewing it as being trapped with a bunch of strangers and them viewing it as a family member coming home and that, as long as he insist they are strangers, refusing to learn about their connection or what they have in common, they'll be alien to him and not his family like they wanted.

Dex-chan lover
First half of chapter made sense. Second half were a character saying that because his analogy was slightly flawed (should have been a village of yokai men she is tossed into) his entire argument is flawed? And he agrees? That's not how debates work. An argument might be flawed or even outright wrong, but that doesnt serve as a proof that the standpoint it tried to defend is wrong. While not the same thing, its equivalent to saying a devils proof is "solved" (existence is disproven) if the proof trying prove something exists was fabricated. It simply put doesn't work that way.

His points are very valid. He is essentially kidnapped and put into a situation where suddenly he is surrounded by "enemies" who is essentially trying to exploit his body and force him to do what they order him to, a situation where its very natural to develop a "me vs them" mindset. That he got over that as easy as he did is strange already (stockholms syndrome?), but might be somewhat because the authority-figure in his life telling him to accept it (his dad). But even then it is quite the jump to suddenly willingly procreating with strangers for the sake of children, strangers who only see value in his body as a vessel for making babies and none in him as a person (except for a certain snake).
Basically, his situation is just like he described, one where he is taken to unknown lands, surrounded by unknown strangers and asked to dedicate his life and body to them no matter what his feelings are on the matter (why does this make me think of slavery?). And they expect him to feel a sense of family and community with them just because he shares some arbitrary racial trait (lets not replace "youkai" with "white", thats a whole other can of worms better left unopened).

I just came to say I think a headpat may have been worth it and other misc/dumb shit like that. Seeing this discussion that came about from a harem manga reminded me again of why I fucking love this community.😙

And glad to see this manga still going. With the recent release I decided to come back from a break on reading it. I was hoping to let a few chs add up instead of just one every month (or longer) and decided to just start over since it isn't that long yet. So thanks to tler (and any others) who help with these releases, it's a series I'm enjoying more than I expected. 👍

Dex-chan lover
If this is how the youkai treat their relationships, is it any wonder they're all dying out?

Maybe this is just natural selection in action, ever think about that ladies?

Contributor
I tried randomly opening this manga to a random chapter to see how bad it was (ecchi harems not really my thing)... This was an interesting chapter to pick.

It opened the chapter by making a bunch of surprisingly reasonable arguments about how fucked-up this sort of harem premise is (like, why should a guy have to be happy about being pressured to sleep with a bunch of girls? Nobody expects girls to have to be happy about that sort of thing).

...And then crushed my rising expectations by gas-lighting its way out of every valid point that it'd raised. Oh well, so much for that XD

Dex-chan lover
1. Human and yokai can have children. MC is the living proof.
2. How about sperm donation? He doesn't need get closed to anyone, and girls can be pregnated, win win.

Users who are viewing this thread