Oni Yome ga Totsuidekita - Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was certainly...something.

As a side note, this is probably the first series like this I've seen, with the faceless, off-screen self-insert protagonists, where they have a son instead of a daughter.

Dex-chan lover
I also feel as if her anxiety and trauma wasn't fully addressed mainly as she is still calling her husband Master.
While I am not gonna say this series handled emotions and mental health well, the word she is using is "danna-sama" which is just formal way of referring to one's husband (it's essentially "lord of the house" so it's not only for a husband, but in this context that's what it's used for). It's more of an indication of her being in a traditionalist family than any sort of "cold distance". I personally would not have translated it to "master" especially with the connotations there. I'd either have used "Husband" or just left it as "Danna-sama" much like how most of us are used to "Onii-sama", "Otou-sama" etc.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the artist put all of his creative energy into the title. For context, an "oniyome" is just a expression for a wife with a short temper or one that gets on her husband's case a lot. So, in this case the "oniyome" is a literal "oni" just is also shy and kind, the opposite of an "oniyome". So... it's all just a pun.

Dex-chan lover
While I am not gonna say this series handled emotions and mental health well, the word she is using is "danna-sama" which is just formal way of referring to one's husband (it's essentially "lord of the house" so it's not only for a husband, but in this context that's what it's used for). It's more of an indication of her being in a traditionalist family than any sort of "cold distance". I personally would not have translated it to "master" especially with the connotations there. I'd either have used "Husband" or just left it as "Danna-sama" much like how most of us are used to "Onii-sama", "Otou-sama" etc.
I feel like the artist put all of his creative energy into the title. For context, an "oniyome" is just a expression for a wife with a short temper or one that gets on her husband's case a lot. So, in this case the "oniyome" is a literal "oni" just is also shy and kind, the opposite of an "oniyome". So... it's all just a pun.
Wow thanks for this comment, everything makes much more sense now and it clarified a lot. Truly helpful thank you.
^
^
^
^
^
^
Make sure you read this it will change your outlook on the ending of the manga.

Supporter
Thank you to the translators. The only reason this is getting as good a rating as I’m giving it is because it actually shows via the child that they continued to be happy. Otherwise this was painfully short/under developed. With the boost it’s getting a 5/10 from me.
It was a 3/10

Users who are viewing this thread