Only I Know That the World Will End - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Not being an ingrate for the TL work but I am now considering dropping this series just for the confusion with the dialogue.
Tried reading at their website and aside from the intrusive ads, why the frick are random pages replaced with art and panels from other manga.
So yeah. I'm shelving this for now but might drop it if no adjustments fix the wonkiness.

Dex-chan lover
Protect the waifu, survive the apocalypse. Simple enough premise, every boy's dream especially the edgy ones. Except the get absolutely mutilated part, that's for kinky boys.

Aggregator gang
Yeah, this really shows the difference between a decent translation and a Japanese->other language->English roundabout, especially one without a proper native English proofreader to fix the final translation. The intrusive watermarking doesn't help either.

Dex-chan lover
I mean one bubble goes : "Here you go sir " then "I'm a student" and this is where the drinking scene is taking place.

I think we need to drink a lot to enjoy this :aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink:
My favorite was how she says "situation" when told to say "status," I don't think even MTL can pull that off. (The word is "スターテス" [romaji: sutaatesu] which is just read as "status" and has no other meaning)

Dex-chan lover
Things would have been very cool if it was translated properly. Though there's no translators out there I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Putting aside the not to par TL, this feels like it’s on a fast track to getting axed with its pacing lol.

Dex-chan lover
My favorite was how she says "situation" when told to say "status," I don't think even MTL can pull that off. (The word is "スターテス" [romaji: sutaatesu] which is just read as "status" and has no other meaning)
I wonder how the spanish translation for this since he translate it from there

Dex-chan lover
his reasoning for this and the last chapter is really dumb. "after repeatedly standing still and dying ive come to the conclusion i should jump to my death instead" like, what? obviously he should grind some levels to try and make a break for an exit if there are enemies over there
he revives repeatedly there is no reason not to farm goblins for xp since he can obviously obliterate an entire building of them in a single punch then maybe he can work on killing a boar, heck he might want to wait for the monsters to get stronger so he can obliterate stronger goblins for more xp. one way or another his thought processes the most recent chapters have been idiotic

Double-page supporter
his reasoning for this and the last chapter is really dumb. "after repeatedly standing still and dying ive come to the conclusion i should jump to my death instead" like, what? obviously he should grind some levels to try and make a break for an exit if there are enemies over there
he revives repeatedly there is no reason not to farm goblins for xp since he can obviously obliterate an entire building of them in a single punch then maybe he can work on killing a boar, heck he might want to wait for the monsters to get stronger so he can obliterate stronger goblins for more xp. one way or another his thought processes the most recent chapters have been idiotic
It kind of feels like there was a version of this were it went deeper into the loops between his death in chapter 5 and his despair in chapter 6, but they just scrapped all of that and, partly due to this messy TL, I can't figure out if it even tried to quickly sum it all up.
It initially felt like he was at least clear headed enough to realize he needed to get stronger or find a safer base of operations to work from, but then it seems like it skipped that just so they could get the despair from failing over and over out of the way ASAP, which could've worked if they didn't rush it in about 5 pages of chapter 6.

Dex-chan lover
The cold, logical strategy in this moment is to just grow during each reincarnation grinding mobs and take advantage of learning from mistakes especially since it becomes a luxury to be able to make life-threatening mistakes.

I guess he became defeatist after seeing the powercreep? Or rather, his goal immediately switched from tackling the issue head on and instead was to literally run away from it. Hope that the monsters are only within the city, and that there's some safe haven instead... somewhere... Which, to be fair, isn't that unrealistic to expect out of a normal human being put into this situation? It's honestly pretty consistent with his character too, he's usually always prioritizing only himself and trying to hunker down on one spot until the problem goes away... Does say a lot of what we'll have to deal with I guess later on xd.

Anywho I guess this is when the story actually goes past its prologue then.

Group Leader
people, today in the afternoon we will be fixing the chapters where the translation errors are, to improve the quality of the following chapters as well. I hope you understand that we are doing the best we can and that we don't handle the language.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread