Only I Know That the World Will End - Vol. 5 Ch. 34

Aggregator gang
Hi, Ape group's proofreader.

While I, again, do not know if you're referring to chapters I have not worked on (I worked on 32-36 and 39-41, if the TS didn't mess up again), I would like to apologize if my work has been sub-par. While I try to make sure things are readable, I am working with a script that's been MTL'd twice from JP -> ESP -> ENG. If there are any specific notes you would like to give, I would be happy to hear.

As for the chapter, I think you've done a nice job with the translation, as the story is more coherent than what I've had to work with. I would personally suggest you practice mental scripting (i.e. imagine the characters speaking in the voice you can imply from them) to better help with maintaining the dialogue. Otherwise, you just need to be careful with the grammar (punctuation use and spelling) and you'll be golden.
Without going back and checking credits, and honestly without trying to be a dick: huge chunks of the previous translations were basically gibberish. Obviously run through multiple bouts of google translate. I gather that this manga isn't giving people a lot to work with, but I'm also quite happy that the new stuff is at least making reasonable dialogue.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for taking this up. The ape always does like 5 terrible chapters until the original poster stops then they also stop so that no one translates the series. It is nice to be able to read this without getting a headache.

Fed-Kun's army
Repost from chapter 28:
A few things to note:
I originally planned to redo the whole series but my autism only goes so far.

I’ve seen some shitty releases over the years, but holy shit the retarded ape is among the worse. At least half of the dialogue is made-up garbage not even Google/DeepL would get wrong. So I recommend you re-read the chapters.

Anyone defending that scumbag is a brain-dead moron and so is anyone saying that “translation” is fine or good.

The raws are terrible, so I’m not going to put the effort into doing redraws or any fancy editing. If by some miracle someone has access to high-quality raws and by some even bigger miracle wants to redo the chapters I’ll gladly provide the scripts for the chapters and even the PSDs if you think they’d help. Oh yeah, some typos and other minor mistakes might be present, sorry about that.

I expect the ape to seethe and mass-release their shit in the near future, I hope you enjoy their releases. He might even get so butthurt he could try sniping some of the Twitter shorts I scanlate, just don’t tell him they are oneshots.
BASED.
Also thanks for the TLs.

Finally, some readable chapters for this series.

Dex-chan lover
Repost from chapter 28:
A few things to note:
I originally planned to redo the whole series but my autism only goes so far.

I’ve seen some shitty releases over the years, but holy shit the retarded ape is among the worse. At least half of the dialogue is made-up garbage not even Google/DeepL would get wrong. So I recommend you re-read the chapters.

Anyone defending that scumbag is a brain-dead moron and so is anyone saying that “translation” is fine or good.

The raws are terrible, so I’m not going to put the effort into doing redraws or any fancy editing. If by some miracle someone has access to high-quality raws and by some even bigger miracle wants to redo the chapters I’ll gladly provide the scripts for the chapters and even the PSDs if you think they’d help. Oh yeah, some typos and other minor mistakes might be present, sorry about that.

I expect the ape to seethe and mass-release their shit in the near future, I hope you enjoy their releases. He might even get so butthurt he could try sniping some of the Twitter shorts I scanlate, just don’t tell him they are oneshots.
I don't even consider those chapters to be translated, but with you i can finally read this honestly mid tier manga.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for the intelligible TL kyuukei

As for the story: I wonder why her "Flame of the Immortal" or whatever skill never activates. Isn't it supposed to protect her from lethal attacks? Because it's doing a piss poor job so far

Double-page supporter
Without going back and checking credits, and honestly without trying to be a dick: huge chunks of the previous translations were basically gibberish. Obviously run through multiple bouts of google translate. I gather that this manga isn't giving people a lot to work with, but I'm also quite happy that the new stuff is at least making reasonable dialogue.
You aren't wrong. Those issues are why I started proofreading for them. The positive feedback to my chapters has made them get more PRs as well as actual TLs.

Dex-chan lover
I fucking knew there's something fishy with this Ojii-san, dude claimed himself is from America yet his first instinct in this post apocalyptic is not getting guns and explosives smhmyhead.

Thank you so much for the intelligible TL kyuukei

As for the story: I wonder why her "Flame of the Immortal" or whatever skill never activates. Isn't it supposed to protect her from lethal attacks? Because it's doing a piss poor job so far
You know what? I completely forgot about that skill. Nao died twice instantly after getting the skill so it's kinda weird unless both attack has some kind of skill negation property.

Dex-chan lover
You know what? I completely forgot about that skill. Nao died twice instantly after getting the skill so it's kinda weird unless both attack has some kind of skill negation property.
Nah let's just wait for the next chapter. Usually this kind of thing is shown to not have any effect just for the sake of being a cliffhanger. As for the previous death, I don't think it's an instant death. Mainly because the blood gushed isn't that awful as the one in this chapter. But who knows.

JP -> ESP -> ENG
I'm replying to this part only because this statement should be enough for you to understand what YOU should do, I'm not saying get a TL, I'm telling you to not help them.

As Sullieman said above it's somewhat obvious the "TL" doesn't know Japanese, and you say its MTL from JP --> SP --> ENG which means they aren't even smart enough to MTL from Jp --> ENG directly, that's the level of inteligence of the people you're "helping".
I mean you NEVER EVER translate something from a translation and I'm talking about actual HUMAN TRANSLATORS don't do it because there's meaning lost on the 1st translation and even more meaning lost on the 2nd translation what do you think happens when this is done by a machine?

Now I believe you geniunely like the series and that's why you voluntered to help (It was you who voluntered when they re-sniped Silas right?), but why in god's name did you do so? Honestly if someone pointed a gun at you to rob your car would you volunteer to drive them to their next robbery instead because you "love your car"?

Aaaaaand after typing this i realize that you most likely are in with them and their very obvious MTL just to get some ad revenue and are getting paid for this de-service if you aren't getting paid, then it's one more reason to boot it out of there because holy with that amount of ads they SHOULD have more than enough to pay 1 or maybe 2 TL's which they clearly don't or else it wouldn't have been MTL like what you said it is.

Edit: Hopefully some1 will actually translate it faster if you don't help mask their MTL.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! I was waiting for someone competent to pick this up.

Users who are viewing this thread