Only Need to Love Once - Oneshot

MD@Home
@terajumbodia. There is no evidence that suggests trigger warnings to be helpful, and may in some cases even be harmful. Here's an excerpt from the abstract of a paper from the department of psychology at the University of Harvard:
We found no evidence that trigger warnings were helpful for trauma survivors, for participants who self-reported a posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) diagnosis, or for participants who qualified for probable PTSD, even when survivors’ trauma matched the passages’ content. We found substantial evidence that trigger warnings countertherapeutically reinforce survivors’ view of their trauma as central to their identity. Regarding replication hypotheses, the evidence was either ambiguous or substantially favored the hypothesis that trigger warnings have no effect.
Bellet, B.W., Jones, P.J. & McNally, R.J. (2020). Helping or Harming? The Effect of Trigger Warnings on Individuals with Trauma Histories. Cambridge, MA: Department of Psychology, Harvard University. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/2167702620921341

And another one from the psychology department at the University of Massachusetts for good measure:
Research on the suppression and avoidance of emotional material suggests that emotional avoidance and thought suppression may not only hinder the learning process and maintain anxious responding, but may also (a) paradoxically heighten anxious responding to threatening cues and (b) interfere with emotion functionality, thereby further impeding adaptive responding.
Roemer, L., Salters-Pedneault, K. & Tull, M.T. (2004). "The role of avoidance of emotional material in the anxiety disorders" in Applied and Preventive Psychology. Volume 11, Pp. 95-114. Boston, MA: Pyschology Department, University of Massachusetts. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.appsy.2004.09.001

Anyway, thanks for translating

Group Leader
@arcyse

Still, I don't want my translation to bring back bad memories for anyone :)

But if you personally don't like trigger warnings, feel free to block me and block all releases from Bobbu Scans. Same goes for anyone that reads this.

Everyone saying how this isn't a happy ending, and while it isn't the best possible, she begins to accept herself a bit more towards the end. Yes, it could've been better, but it was better than the status quo, so I would consider that a happy ending.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder why all stories like this always end up doing the same thing. Like the same trope and everything, I wish one would be unique and different. But in the end they all try to be realistic and sad. Bro my poor little heart cant take this sad stuff. Why is it always an unhappy ending (as in the mc ain't living in wonderland) with a single and super miserable mc?

Ngl as a closeted person that will probably never come out this was very painful to read but at the same time I understood the meaning

Dex-chan lover
That poem was translated so beautifully, it makes the pain worse

Also it's sad to realize that this is a reality for a lot of lgbtq+ people. Watching the person you're in love with be in love with someone else is no joke.

Users who are viewing this thread