Only Sense Online - Vol. 10 Ch. 56 - The Age Reversal Potion and the Bow

Dex-chan lover
I forgot how quickly the MC bully stopped being funny.

@anon763
I think that matching genders IRL and in game are more healthier in the long run. Mentally that is.
Not to talk shit on the 108 genders that society has now, but if you are born with a dick then you are a guy and if you are born with a vagina then you're a girl. That's why I find it weird when some people use the opposite gender when going online. I understand why they do that but I still find it weird.

I don't think it was explained at the start of the manga, but this VR device scans your brainwaves to determine your gender. But Shun is so feminine and has mannerisms of a housewife that he managed to trick the system into giving him a female avatar.

it was only a matter of time until something like that happens xD welp, i hope she drinks the reverse potion in the end. like, wanna see how she looks when she's older xD

Dex-chan lover
I'd be going James Hook on that fairy if it played that many pranks. No amount of clapping would bring it back from where I would send it.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one that, as a player, would have locked the fairy in a bottle or something?

@SnowyAkera
They can but that would stop the quest.

@vantablack35

Not to talk shit on the 108 genders that society has now, but if you are born with a dick then you are a guy and if you are born with a vagina then you're a girl.
You are mistaking gender with sex. You can only have one of 2 sexes, gender you can pick your flavor.

That's why I find it weird when some people use the opposite gender when going online. I understand why they do that but I still find it weird
As someone who used to go with female characters on mmos, my motives were simple: male armors and appearance on most mmos are as best generic and at worst horrendous. If im going to spend hours looking at it, i prefeer it looks good.

I don't think it was explained at the start of the manga, but this VR device scans your brainwaves to determine your gender. But Shun is so feminine and has mannerisms of a housewife that he managed to trick the system into giving him a female avatar.
That and it also do the BS thing that happens on SAO. It scans the face and i dont remember if it scans the heigh or if the person have to enter their height on start. On one way or another it get some info of the physical body of the user too.

Dex-chan lover
That fairy stopped being an interesting character after the first time she deliberately fucked with him. This is starting to go way past being just mischief at this point.

Fed-Kun's army
Fuck the quest, I would murder that fairy real quickly at this point, not only it's useless it's more of a debuff than anything else.

Dex-chan lover
@vantablack35
You won't catch me disagreeing with you on the birth part, but you're really overthinking matters. It's a game. You're playing a role. It's not you. And for some people choosing to play someone that isn't like you is desirable. I sometimes play low-INT, high-STR and END characters even though in a "real" fantasy world I'd rather lock myself in a tower to recklessly do magical experiments like a proper wizard. I sometimes play evil characters who do things I consider morally abhorrent. part of the fun of role-playing games is playing a role. In a VRMMO like this, there's a limit to what you can change in terms of your own dexterity or intelligence, so if you want to play something unlike yourself, why not crossplay?

Of course, attraction to your character is part of it too. My taste in boys is more towards the slender twink side than the muscular side that most male video game characters (understandably) fall on, so aside from times that the devs make the girls intentionally ugly for political reasons, they're more attractive to me and they're what I pick. The armours and outfits are usually better too.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh how I miss this part in the novel XD

And I also agree that darn fairy is annoying, just lock her somewhere or send her back to her village already.

Double-page supporter
Thank u oh-so-great fairy of mischief. I wouldn't want you anywhere near me, but this time you did great.

Dex-chan lover
@hurokun that’s not quite right either. Sex is bimodal, meaning *usually* you’re in one of two positions but not always. You can have extra chromosomes, or be missing one, so not everyone is XX or XY. Then, it’s not even merely a Y chromosome that does it, but a couple of genes on the chromosome that can either be missing or transcribed to an X. Going more phenotypically, you can lack receptors to certain hormones, or have unusually high or low levels during development and later life. And not to mention deliberate interventions in later life, such as taking hormones, which also have an effect on the brain — we know that cis people get real miserable given cross-sex hormones, while in trans folks that misery is alleviated.

All of this is to say that physical sex is really a cluster of variables, some of which binary, some having several possibilities and some on a continuum. These *usually* all line up neatly into the bimodal distribution, but given that we usually paper over these details, sex is socially constructed too.

@zips

I oversimpiflied it as i didnt tough it was relevant and my textx wpuld be way bigger, but thanks for the explanation :)

Users who are viewing this thread