Only Sense Online - Vol. 12 Ch. 65 - Grand Rock and The Great Escape

I don't know about the translation quality in this version (because English is not my main language and i can't read Japanese). But i'm sure that it looks better than the other version.
I mean, I can read this easier than the other one

Dex-chan lover
I wasn't expecting a proper explanation for wootz steel in an already done chapter

Dex-chan lover
finally
properly tsed, and better translation
none of that comic sans bs

many thanks for your work, it's well done

Dex-chan lover
d5e66d2f182251ea1c109e4be9ddc8c5.jpg

Group Leader
Wait, my bad. The title is Grand rock and the Great escape, but i accidentally typed grand rock and the grand escape.

Dex-chan lover
finally
properly tsed, and better translation
none of that comic sans bs

many thanks for your work, it's well done
What is wrong with the Comic Sans Font?

I do admit my centering sucked on chapter 65, since it was the first Translation/Typesetting I did... But Ive grown and gotten better over time.

I also found when people use nothing but Caps in all text is just ridiculous. if I used CAPS WHEN IN FORUMS, its like I'm shouting.

If you know of a better font to used in a Manga, please let me know.
Also, if you can translate better, then you do it. If you see a problem with someones work, please post it on the forums and suggest a better translation.

Wabbit

In the future, if anyone asks if I prefer speed or quality, I will point to this manga, thank you OP for the effort you put in.

Dex-chan lover

I do admit my centering sucked on chapter 65, since it was the first Translation/Typesetting I did... But Ive grown and gotten better over time.

I also found when people use nothing but Caps in all text is just ridiculous. if I used CAPS WHEN IN FORUMS, its like I'm shouting.

Also, if you can translate better, then you do it. If you see a problem with someones work, please post it on the forums and suggest a better translation.

Wabbit
I for one don't mind Comic Sans, as long as I can understand the english in it...

However I do want to point out that I dropped the series due to not being able to understand what any character said due to bad english, I appreciate the effort but I would love to see the series catch up with a translation that I can understand

Wabbit
Comic Sans is often derided on the Internet as a "bad font" and generally I agree, though in this case I find it inoffensive since it's actually being used in a comic (well, manga - close enough).

Your TLs & typesetting have definitely gotten better with time, but there are still some rough parts that can make it challenging to read as an English native.

Don't let everyone else praising this get you down though, you've been doing great work and I really appreciate your work on this series.

Dex-chan lover

Wabbit
I will admit I've been a little harsh with your work, and I apologize for that.
Since it was your first time doing TS/TL there's bound to be aspects of it that's not really good, and that's fine.
Although I will say that your earlier works are hard to read, grammar errors as well as parts of the text being outright missing and or mistranslated.
Which is understandable if you started translating and English is not your primary language.

For me, comic sans is fine for other purposes(memes and or ironic usage of the font) but for reading manga, it's not quite it.
All caps is fine so long as it's in the right font, certain fonts that look more subdued would look just fine in all caps.
If you'd like a list of fonts, I found this pic in my group resources. Also a quick google search would get you at least something workable.

I'd have liked to translate this, if not for the fact I lack time and motivation.

Dex-chan lover
For me, comic sans is fine for other purposes(memes and or ironic usage of the font) but for reading manga, it's not quite it.
All caps is fine so long as it's in the right font, certain fonts that look more subdued would look just fine in all caps.
If you'd like a list of fonts, I found this pic in my group resources. Also a quick google search would get you at least something workable.

I'd have liked to translate this, if not for the fact I lack time and motivation.
The fonts are interesting... almost all of them are of Caps with a few that could use lower case. ack. but interesting. I would say the only reason why I choose Comic sans was cause it was close to my own handwriting style and it was easy to read then all caps.

The motivation part... I fully understand.

I'm currently working on chapter 93, and its 34 pages long. The manga is covering prolog and part of chapter 1 of Vol 11 of the LN. So a lot of text ... will try to have it out tonight... (Got it all scanned in. just need to clean manga and typeset) If you have a suggestion for an easy to read Font for Speech (other then Comic Sans hehe), let me know and I'll try it out on Chapter 93.

Wabbit

Last edited:
Group Leader
The fonts are interesting... almost all of them are of Caps with a few that could use lower case. ack. but interesting. I would say the only reason why I choose Comic sans was cause it was close to my own handwriting style and it was easy to read then all caps.

The motivation part... I fully understand.

I'm currently working on chapter 93, and its 34 pages long. The manga is covering prolog and part of chapter 1 of Vol 11 of the LN. So a lot of text ... will try to have it out tonight... (Got it all scanned in. just need to clean manga and typeset) If you have a suggestion for an easy to read Font for Speech (other then Comic Sans hehe), let me know and I'll try it out on Chapter 93.

Wabbit
Use anime ace! It looks like wildworlds, plus it's used in almost every manga translation

Users who are viewing this thread