Onna Tomodachi to Kekkon Shitemita - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - What is true happiness?

reading a manga where the characters are reading their own story..and that tax evasion scheme comment though..LOL

ohh well..ganbare,Ruriko-san..

KZO

Dex-chan lover
If only more people followed the "don't read the comments" advice.

Double-page supporter
As a wise high school girl once said: "Internet comments are worth less than shit."

Dex-chan lover
Well, ive really felt Ruriko was eager to start their married life when she came back to Japan. But honestly, Kurumi pisses me off with how selfish she can be. Would she die to give up some of her freedom to spend more time with Ruriko? Whats the point in marrying to not be alone and still be most of the time alone?
But im not one to talk since i really dislike to deal with free spirited and very detached people. Makes me uneasy and uncomfortable. Ruriko might even be fine with it but for me only seems like a very lonely way to live.

Da being so aware and concerned for the couple is actually quite sweet. The tax evasion comment, while derisive at face value, is implicitly confirming that this Japan doesn't just allow the 'partnership unions' (as I initially assumed back in Ch.1, as that'd be a parallel of IRL) but properly recognizes gay marriage, along with the couple's benefits that entails. Gotta appreciate the small wins. I do hope there's not drama incoming, I'm quite enjoying the meandering slice of life as they learn more of each other and grow closer.

This manga it's so meta.

I like that.

Having said that, I understand why a lot of people might find it ethically wrong to write about such a relationship if this was IRL.

For example, a lot of journalists never write about their own family even if they are distant relatives because they feel it's bad to expose your family like that. And that's what MC is doing, exposing her new formed family with her friend to the world to judge. But ultimately it's a decision they took together and they are right in that people don't get to decide if it's wrong or not.

What I do find really funny, it's that it seems like those imaginary people do get that the friend has a crush on MC through her writing. Again, really meta.
A journalist wouldn't, that's right. A columinst, blogger etc would.

Users who are viewing this thread