Onnamaou-sama wa Yuusha-kun o Taosenai. - Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
Don't cry little hero...

6VHlpE5.png

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the person spying on them is a human. This story seems to be going towards the "humans are the real monsters" route.

It's unclear if the kid was forced into being a hero because of his strength (even taking into account his promise to his grandfather), but for humanity to just leave their future hero out in the cold with no mentorship, support, or protection? This world's human society is fucked. In a way he is lucky to have the demon king (queen) watching over him.

t28

Dex-chan lover
no way anyone is afraid of such a cute kid, c'mon now... that's the best you could come up with to isolate him from the rest of the villagers, really?
people are superstitious, gullible and buy into the dumbest shit - purely because it was some thing they heard or read.

you only have to look at the real world to see examples of that.

Dex-chan lover
Heroes/Braves have been screwed over since the concept of JRPG has been born. Dragon Quest which created the Hero/Brave class concept DQ I has the player character the Hero basically travel alone to rescue the princess, and defeat the Demon King and was not given help whatsoever. It worked out for him though he married the princess, went to make his own kingdom had three kids, two went off to make their own kingdoms, and his grandchildren then defeated an evil god in DQ II.

Of course for those confused, the Demon Lord offer the Hero of DQ 1 half of the world which you can take but you wake up in a inn as if nothing happened. Dragon Quest Builders 1 focus on this where the Hero took the offer, and the Demon Lord tricked the Hero, so the Builder now has to save the world.

Dragon Quest: Adventure of Dai a manga also brings up having loads of power is not a good thing, it plays into Dai's background.

Last edited:
Supporter
If I may borrow some words from Dr. Seuss:

"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. A [Hero] is faithful, one hundred percent."

Late Edit -- OH GOD THE FEELS HIT SO MUCH HARDER WHEN YOU PUT THIS CHAPTER INTO THE CONTEXT OF HIS IMAGE TRAINING FROM THE LAST CHAPTER
:qq:
:qq:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread