Ookami Ryoushu no Ojou-sama - Vol. 2 Ch. 8.2

Dex-chan lover
So she's made herself look like the culprit because Tim looks innocent and he's likely going to cause more harm if he's caught. Why didn't she slit his throat then to put an end to his schemes? She still needs to deal with his accomplice too. She could have let them capture her and gloated, "You'll never stop my accomplice from poisoning the well!."

Fed-Kun's army
She's really the most pitiable person in this whole story 😭🤧

Umm yeah if you’re wondering, the LN only goes
downhill in quality from here. My head cannon is that the story ended at the graveyard scene.

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad "Why didn't she slit his throat then to put an end to his schemes?" If she did, she won't have proofs against him and she will be arrested/executed. It will also free his accomplice free of killing the others, is possible there are more than 1 accomplice too.

Dex-chan lover
Oof yeah this part hurts.

Also spoilers for the rest of the story if anyone wants it (ln/wn spoilers), so irc
she ends up captured by the boy and the fat noble man he's been working with/for who finds him amusing and promised him riches if he got rid of kaid.

She's kept in a barn or something for a while and transferred to a carriage while being threatened and having the creepy kid talk obsessively about how much he wants revenge and how he didn't deserve to die and how dare anyone punish him. And obsessively talking about marrying her while she is held at knife point. She despises him.

The carriage gets stopped which gives mc an opportunity to actually struggle out of there, all still while trying to get away from crazy boy. She recognises the duke's friend's voice from outside and thinks surely they must be here after her but they're actually trying to stop the nobleman bc they know something is afoot.

I'm a bit blurry on what happens next but she manages to get out of the carriage and is surprised to see Kaid, I'll and malnourished, but very much alive, after I think the fat nobleman had been ranting about how bad it is that they've lost their master and basically gloating. They'd been pretending he was dead for the entire time she's been missing.

Her and boy end up getting in a scuffle and fall off a cliff into a river and she ends up trapped underground. The boy
gets carried away with the currents irc.

Kaid follows her in desperation to save her and they both end up trapped underground and have a bit of a heart to heart.. His people manage to find them and they get pulled out with a rope before they catch hypothermia.

They return to the mansion with everyone now realising, as her hair has slowly turned golden over the course of the story, that she is the Reincarnated lady of 16 yrs ago. She assumes the position as his lady. Fluff and hugs and joy is had.

Not sure if they'll be changing things since it seemed pretty faithful so far.

Dex-chan lover
Uh... I really don’t think her hints were anywhere near clear enough to realistically help. Also way to completely traumatize Jasmine.

Contributor
@riflow ok, that’s not as bad as I thought it would be. Guess it’s
a comedy if you look at the ending (as my 8th grade English teacher would say lol)

... Am I missing something here? Why does this feel like they just forced unnecessary melodrama into the story just for the sake of it .... Have these FLs never heard of I dunno, straightforward explanation before? Why do they always decide that painting themselves as villains is the noblest way to resolve conflicts and misunderstandings???

Dex-chan lover
@canigetauhh @riflow I only think one thing was bad from here
and that is how/why she gets back with Kaid. I would have preferred it at least not be so sudden and he at least atone more, tbh, would have preferred the story basically have her find happiness on her own elsewhere in life and he living alone and having nothing until death, working to help the territory and make amends. Then, hints at them finally finding happiness in their next lives. I think a bit more of a bitter sweet ending would be fitting given how this started. A pity her actual name was never cleared and the people of Raius never reflect on what their mob mentality on anger has done to take the life of innocents

Fed-Kun's army
@Nikoko Author didn't really do any foreshadowing afaik so it feels like this "arc" is rushed and really should've ended around the grave scene. Everyone getting poisoned felt out of placed because there was no real lead up to it.

As I said previously... WTF is even happening... they had things wrapped up so nicely and then they added in this drama for what

Users who are viewing this thread