Ookami Ryoushu no Ojou-sama - Vol. 5 Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
Poor little girl, you wanted to atone?
Peace was never an option, if you weren't so naive you would know that.

Group Leader
I'm here in the comments, confused, searching for a cork board and some red string to make sense of everything.

• The princess killed the king for her desires, but not Ezador
  • The princess is accusing Shirley of the king's death, as an excuse to keep her in the palace.
  • The other lords are getting angry at all the deaths / kidnapping of fiancees / don't believe the lie about the king's death and are requesting the return of Shirley

• Daniras (the prince's right hand man) hired the assassins to kill the princess, it failed
  • Daniras killed Ezador because he was going to stabilize Reius in Caid's absence, but the princess could try to kill Caid anyday if he refused to marry her. So they killed Ezador to try to force Caid to return in his territory (until the fall of the princess) so it would be stable for the reign of prince Marsh.
  • Daniras WANTS prince Marsh to be king, but the prince wanted his sister to take the throne. The assassins failed, the king died, the castle is a MESS. So the last recourse is to have the princess be executed cleanly, but for what ?

• Their plan is : Shirley will be killed (it would be cool if she didn't resist, so cue the blackmail with the servants life), the blame will be pushed on the princess and it will be the last straw on the camel's back for the other lords.
  • A royal execution later and the prince will be forced to take the throne.

Am I right ? :questionblob: I feel like my brain is melting
that's about the gist of it, yeah. it's a bunch of agendas clashing and adjusting in different ways. (and some of those agendas are a pain to translate. at first i thought shirley was saying daniras was one of the assassins, but then i realized, wait, daniras knows what the princess looks like, that's impossible)

Dex-chan lover
Also
that's about the gist of it, yeah. it's a bunch of agendas clashing and adjusting in different ways. (and some of those agendas are a pain to translate. at first i thought shirley was saying daniras was one of the assassins, but then i realized, wait, daniras knows what the princess looks like, that's impossible)
Also, I'm waiting for the next chapters in case of another "masterplan" but Daniras is a very bad guard, Shirley had time to escape him to go rescue her servants ? He didn't even try to chase after her ? But maybe it's on purpose, we'll see next chapter.
Also x2 : "comply with the plan and we kill only one" meanwhile Samoa is already drowning !

Group Leader
Also

Also, I'm waiting for the next chapters in case of another "masterplan" but Daniras is a very bad guard, Shirley had time to escape him to go rescue her servants ? He didn't even try to chase after her ? But maybe it's on purpose, we'll see next chapter.
Also x2 : "comply with the plan and we kill only one" meanwhile Samoa is already drowning !
without having read chapter 28 (i'm saving translating volume 6 until i'm done with 5, including extras) my guess is samoa is the one they've decided to kill and jasmine is a hostage

Dex-chan lover
Um?? Honestly I don't see the point in all their scheming if they're just going to let her run around after the info dump?????

Dex-chan lover
I find the manga is a lot wordier than it needs to be. Most of the dialogue doesn't do much to further the story or develop the characters more than we already know. That makes it feels like it's dragging on.

And despite a bunch of things actually happening, most of that is in the background, so the story feels static. The situation doesn't change much at all for the characters we actually care about. That removes a lot of the tension and just makes it hard to read, because it's more depressing than tense.

All in all, that makes for a longer time where readers are prone to lose interest.

Dex-chan lover
Agreed, I found it weird how people started calling her competent in the other chapter just because of the way she dealt with an embezzler. She isn't competent at all, she just wants everything to be about herself.
but she IS competent on some level. she understands EXACTLY why the former king gave power to the fief lords. she clearly understands how politics works, she just doesn't care. even the protagonist, shirley, points out in this chapter that azalea has the talent to rule, debilitated only by her incapability to grow up. and we all know when it comes to things involving politics she judges it objectively compared to things related to herself.

and especially since it's hard not to make comparison between azalea and the other depictions of airheaded, selfish, antagonistic princesses in other manga like this. if she wasn't competent enough to keep up the pretenses to rule, then we would have never seen her actually dealing with paperwork

Dex-chan lover
Hope that douche and whoever is behind him as a power all get dragged to a dungeon and brutally tortured then dragged out on the street and guillotined. She didn't deserve it last life, this fucker deserves it this life.

Dex-chan lover
Also

it was a classic "you get one dead to know we mean business, and the other one is a hostage" type things

Was the writter forced to extend story?🤔
I feel like I saw many fearsome pattern like before.

Users who are viewing this thread