Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso o Kasaneru

I think what squandered this for me is the poor execution in the beginning. It feels like they wanted to tell a story about a dude crossdressing and helping a girl he likes with her fear of men, but didn't know how to organically make that work. So they just kind of shrug and say "Ah, he had scary eyes." I feel like he adapts and accepts it WAY to quickly to be believable and it felt wayyyy too rushed, as if to just get it out of the way so they can tell the story they want. Sadly, believing in the premise is kind of necessary for me. Hence the drop

Dex-chan lover
not sure how many times I have reread this, buuuuut friggin Botan is the cutest main heroine that actually won ever.

if you think there's a better one, that actually won over the first one to appear (pretty much defeating a first cover rule), please tell me!!

Some context for the "scary expression"/"scary eyes" thing.

This is referring to "sanpaku" eyes. it's a belief/perception that some types of eyes are tied to certain personalities or traits, such as being violent/psychotic/a criminal. Kind of like superstitions about blood types for personality/dating compatibility, there's not necessarily a direct equivalent for it outside of Asia/Japan.

A manga with a similar concept is https://mangadex.org/title/32725/hitomi-chan-is-shy-with-strangers

So while it's still a bit of a storytelling shortcut for portraying a character that struggles with first impressions and is misunderstood based on their looks, it's also not pulled out of thin air. That's why initially Itsuki is so happy Tokujira doesn't just freak out when she sees him, like other characters in the story do (the real reason for that becoming apparent by the time you finish the first issue).

For reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanpaku
https://www.tsingapore.com/article/sanpaku-eyes-marilyn-monroe-billie-eilish
https://www.tofugu.com/japan/sanpaku/

For example:

"According to Chinese/Japanese medical face reading, when the white part of the eye, known as the sclera, is visible beneath the iris, it represents physical imbalance in the body and is claimed to be present in alcoholics, drug addicts and people who over-consume sugar or grain. Conversely, when the upper sclera is visible it is said to be an indication of mental imbalance in people such as psychotics, murderers, and anyone rageful. In either condition, it is believed that these people attract accidents and violence."

Fed-Kun's army
really good read, I read it in one sitting and I wish it was longer even if the main plot was completed by the end. It was a bitter-sweet ending but still it was pure satisfaction, closure is the most important thing so I'm glad the author didn't make it one of those open-ended romcoms where either of the girls could end up as the gf.
It was also a good lesson on how feelings can change no matter how strong they might be at the start

This is good. So good that the choice in the end still makes you happy even if it wasnt the girl you were rooting for. All characters in this story are pretty cool and caring and we get a lovely ending out of it.

looks good but crossdressing is gay in my opinion, like you gotta hide ya real self to catch hoes, like cmon

Dex-chan lover
@Erricane Botan is cuter,

but Megumi is introduced as the main heroine (weirdly enough Eriri gets the cover, probably the author going against the first cover girl on purpose)

Double-page supporter
This manga has been my favorite title since it completed and has been one of the yearly titles that I have to read.

Group Leader
Rereading this for what must have been the millionth time by now. This manga is still just as amazing as ever. Thank you to Hachimitsu Scans for the phenomenal scanlation job, one of the best grouos out there. Also Botan best girl.

Users who are viewing this thread