Ookami wa Nemuranai - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

I NEED MORE

@Delu to be fair that's because Lecan is solo. In proper party there should be some frontliners (like Lecan) and rearguards to protect the caster while he chants his big spell.

Dex-chan lover
How many people has the dungeon master even seen?
If I recall correctly, people don't tend to get too deep into the 20s, let alone the last boss.

I can imagine, if a kind of sentience is there, it being bored out of its mind. No real form of stimulus. And when there is, it breaks like a toddler with a porcelain doll or runs away never to return.

Dex-chan lover
@ fetusdeletus
I'm confused. Sheila shows him both the dehydrate and petrify spell and called it a lesson. I don't really understand why she would refuse to teach it to him after showing them because the spells are too dangerous.

She did explain that it would take a considerable amount of magic power to dehydrate something to the same level that she did, and there's always the issue of having to touch or being able to launch the spell at a distance, but that even a lower level of dehydrate would mean boiling someone's blood and be enough to kill them.

I would expect that Lecan simply doesn't find the spell to be that practical. It's probably just easier to gather magic within you, launch a spear and make a big gaping wound from a distance with the flame spear, rather than to touch an enemy, infuse them with your magic and start trying to boil their blood to kill them while avoiding being shaken off.

Dex-chan lover
So... sleeping beauty?
He needs to give it a kiss in order to wake it up, right?

Dex-chan lover
@Kireato I'd think that Lecan's too good at problem-solving to willingly reject an additional tool for his belt... Everything's weak against some stuff and strong against some other stuff so having more stuff to throw at things is basically one of the best ways to be stronger than those things, no?

Plot twist: Dungeon master died from waiting, the next adventurer to show up becomes the new master.

Lecan is now forever trapped there.

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake
Well, that's true, but what I meant was that he may be unable to wield some tools due to inexperience in wielding magic and lack of magic. We've seen in this chapter that he's learning the best ways to control his magic and getting acquainted with his limits. Also, Petrify is a spirit type magic and Dehydrate is a special type magic - he may simply lack that type of magic and be unable to use them, try as he might. Or it may require fine magic control that he is not capable of yet and that may require much longer training. So yeah, even if he learns those spells, it may simply not be practical to use them and he may put them on the backburner, or keep training them a bit daily.

That said, we've seen that for simple magic Lecan can essentially grasp the magic and use it himself very quickly. He's already seen Petrify and Dehydrate so perhaps he's already grasped a little about those type of spells. It seems to me like he would be capable of learning these things by himself eventually, as long as Sheila teaches him the basics.

In fact, while Sheila does provide explanations on the use of magic and how to train it, she tends to prefer letting Lecan figure things out by himself. In this chapter, when Lecan wanted to train more, she just told him to go use it in the maze to hone his spells instead.
I'm just bugged by the fact that Sheila showed off these spells, but apparently thinks they're too dangerous for Lecan to learn. That doesn't make any sense. I think there's some other meaning there.

Dex-chan lover
save face? palm strike? under the naval? is this a cultivation world?

Dex-chan lover
The dungeon master is an isekai-ed MC who bears a cheat like skill alright lets go

Aggregator gang
Kind of disappointed, I though for a second that he would shoot a navel laser fire spear

Users who are viewing this thread