Ookami wa Nemuranai - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
@Kireato
Probably best to reply to stuff inside spoiler blocks with it all in a spoiler block too, even if the reply isn't a spoiler. That way people who don't read the spoiler blocks don't see a conversation jumped into halfway.

To your point: I thought that decision was based off knowing Lecan and his personality better, and deciding that the mindset wasn't a good match. Shira more than anybody else teaches that the state of mind you use magic with effects the spell, and your personality effects how the magic manifests. If she wasn't feeling rushed to graduate him? Who knows, she may have taught it for practical or defensive purposes, but she saw a rushed teaching of it as too dangerous. That's what I thought about that anyways.

Dex-chan lover
If your dong is even closer to your naval, wouldn’t it be able to release much more power

@Kireato
I am reading the light novel. So just ignore if you are not interested but I will keep it vague just in case.

My understanding of Sheila is that she has a different way of teaching due to her background. It comes to light that her fundamentals of magic is onorthodox, so her training methods reflect that. As an example, the mage they showed in this chapter is more indicative of a typical magic user in this world.

She is very good at analyzing what magics ppl are adept at and what is useful for them and from what I can tell (this was not said outright, but shown thru how she later teaches Lecan new magic) she has gauged that Lecan is better at learning magic through action and battle than what Sheila can teach him at home. She is very adamant on Lecan learning the fundamentals and learning them well, and while the reason is not explicitly stated, I think it is because once you know the fundamentals you can manipulate them to use at your discretion instead of getting caught up on learning specific spells and limiting yourself to how those spells were originally intended to be used. Others become very confused (and impressed) at how Lecan uses magic, so it's not like he's learning anything subpar at all compared to other mages.

Dex-chan lover
@iskaeil lecan is like most guys where in we learn often faster and better diving head-long rather than reading what others have done and assuming we will attain the same results, but not everything can be recorded and memorized to a t with no experience.

@Liquidxlax
I'm a bit confused by what you mean with your comment, because I don't think anything I mentioned implied that Lecan was incapable of learning this way? And neither does Sheila.

Dex-chan lover
And now we have check points, and 2 kind of consumables the dungeon drops have an internal cooldown to limit exploitation after consuming a certain amount within some time they stop working, but the ones you can buy from outside the dungeon and craft will always work however they work over time.

He 100% ended in a video game world.

it's definitely different from the novel and missing a few plot elements, but a good manga nonetheless.
the novel is definitely recommended, my guys.
Just like the hero himself, it's not full of useless text (like most isekai novels which attempt at realism)

lecan stays in this same village for about 400 chapters learning alchemy and about human biology. NOTHING interesting happens at all. he learns like three new spells and thats about it, his swordmanship doesnt really improve but he does become more open-minded and less hostile. thats about it i guess :/

i am just so glad this manga and storyline isn't revolved around sex, sex slaves, basically harem... it's refreshing and a pleasant read.

<Hammerhead Snake> hmm I see. I think it looks more like a <Goblin Snake> if you know what I mean. It could also go by <Warhammer Snake> which would fit as well.

Dex-chan lover
That group is deffo following him and will try to reap the rewards.

Users who are viewing this thread