Ore Dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon: Kossori Kitaete Sekai Saikyou - Vol. 6 Ch. 46 - Corrupted One

Dex-chan lover
Betting it’s a reverse situation where the alchemist was causing the monster raids and then suppressing them to raise his fame

Double-page supporter
Oh, yes, immediately believe what some random old dude tells you, that's smart. The "hero" definitely wasn't a shady guy in any shape or form and Olivia for certainly was controlling the monsters and is a villain. Why would they lie to you?
"You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?"

Fed-Kun's army
sounds very much like one side of a story, with a lot of correlation.

Dex-chan lover
i bet 10 bucks the ''hero'' had some kind of monster controlling skill, and he setup attacks to come in and save everyone, and olivia realized this and fought him and edited his skill and without it, the monsters he had on standby close to the city got released and starting attacking

Note: this is not a spoiler! i havent read the LN or WN or watch any raws, its just an assumption so fuck off

Fed-Kun's army
i wouldnt be surprised, if Ovlivia was the real hero, and the one they worshipping as hero was the one behind monster invasions, and olivia just kept them away during her stay in that city 😅
and when she found out the culprit, then she cut his hand

Fed-Kun's army
@CronosusCZ
You are close but I wont tell you what exsactly is going on, if this follows the novel that is and wont change anything... well seing the maount of filler and extra steps we have got... it very much could happen.

sadly as far as I can tell the guys who translate the novel have stopped and they left of just as... opss... I wont spoil that either.

Dex-chan lover
Some of us don't trust Alchemists. It's a fool's errand or on the note of "You attract more trouble than answers."

They may have found cures and means of attack, but they are still a pain in the neck.

Dex-chan lover
Correlation does not equal causation. Can someone teach them that for me?

Thanks for the chapter!
Somehow I'm really doubting that Gaien being heroic. Olivia would've only taken his arm (doubt an unidentified monster did it,) if he ruthlessly attacked her for some reason. Likely heard that she could create skills or something and wanted something couldn't make with alchemy, but took it extremely badly when she refused due to not having enough life points so tried to force her.
As for the monsters I doubt Olivia would waste enough LP to draw monsters to the city for 200 years when her issue was with Gaien. More likely it's something Gaien did since they didn't start showing up until after his fight with her. Like got some extremely rare ingredient or powerful mana source that attracts monsters although that would more likely cause sporadic incursions rather than a flood. Or he created something for the sole purpose of ruining her name or something else. In any case, only got Gaien's side of things so unless something like a journal or diary shows up won't find anything more about why monsters flooding in on a semi-set schedule until MC returns home and asks her himself considering his brother was trying to leave before it started so city must have some way of predicting when the flood happens.

Supporter
What the fuck

"Might actually be kind", did the battle make you lose your mind. General is an evil fuck who needs to be executed.

Is he going to "test" and personally insult everyone who volunteers? No, just you. So he's a piece of shit.

Dex-chan lover
@CalamityCallout

That´s a pretty basic drill Sargent stick tho...
It hardly makes him evil unless he takes pleasure out of it and/or does it to people outside of the army defence force.

The fact they are volunteers doesn't matter, as people who are uncoordinated and unprepared can sometimes be a bigger hindrance then they are helping.
So I don´t see a problem with how he was acting, as long as it is an act, that is...

Supporter
My guess is the black sphere is something their hero made to summon monsters so he could kill them and be a hero. Olivia stopped him but for whatever reason didn’t destroy the sphere so monsters keep coming

Dex-chan lover
@CalamityCallout

That´s only an assumption so far, I see no logical reason why he wouldn't do the same to other volunteers, especially those with questionable abilities.

His relationship with Olivia also isn't the only reason he is doing this, that much is clear from his interactions afterwards.
If he held that much of a grudge, he wouldn't have allowed the MC to pass in the first place like the other guy suggested.

I dislike this trope where the leadership wants to 'test' volunteers by being assholes to them, even though they need the volunteers.

Fed-Kun's army
@Siikalahna
Till I got an explanation I wouldn't trust either and take everything with a grain of salt, look at today how twisted things get just by hear say, I can't imagine how much worse it could get with 200 years of hearsay

Users who are viewing this thread