Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made - Vol. 1 Ch. 11

Group Leader
So I guess we stop? The series had modest readership as-is, and we had an agreement with Smiley that he kindly allowed us to keep the mangadex audience so we wouldn't be doing translation for no one, since I think on a basic psychology level, few people will want to read something twice, even if in the long run, with a bit of patience, we were aiming to catch up with the series before it concluded, so no one would sacrifice anything, everyone would get a better version, or follow the link to the Smiley version if they insisted on being impatient, happily ever after. (He is, btw, improving, but where we're at, around chapter 11, his stuff is still pretty darn bad, to the point where you would get the wrong impression of the story if you based yourself on what he did).

I'll go check back with my group what we do next, but our "pull the plug" creterion was basically if Smiley's translations ever got uploaded on mangadex, and I don't see the genie getting back in the bottle.

this is actually kinda difficult to read. Id say thanks but i cant understand whats happening ;-;

Group Leader
@urugiru Please don't, these translations are pretty awful and difficult to read and I look forward to your translations way more.

(Smiley did try his best for the time he originally did these, I just personally prefer waiting for yours)

Group Leader
@miscacc
yep, this translation of the chapter was done almost 8 months ago in my fb page when my skills and knowledge of scanlation were literally 0, I was planning on redoing it later for my fb page, since litte by little the quality has been improved and all that

@Smileyguy hope the outcries of these people dont make you feel bad, I personally prefer getting the pace of your scanlations than getting 1-2 months per chapter with like just 10ish pages on them, thats way WAY too slow imo... you can see how fast the author does with their chapter vs the pace of the scanlating....thats why we already have like 40ish chapters while the ones here was still stuck in 11 or something. I respect stayhome group for providing the more quality version, but no one should feel bad about these cause either is at fault here. If they ever stop even while clearly theres an audience for them here, then i guess its just them.

@urugiru It's a story with a lot of nuance, so I appreciate your translations. Know that I'll be here to read it if you end up translating. These gender bender stories that deal with serious emotions are so rare. Though, I hope that your team feels good about whatever result your team decides on.

Dex-chan lover
@Smileyguy If you had an agreement like the other group said below, how come you ended up releasing all the chapters on here now? Is that too much of a private matter to ask? If so I'll respect that. Otherwise I am curious what lead to this decision.

Power Uploader
@TakeiDaloui He didn't, it was another person who has no relation to smiley at all. If a scanlation group has no upload restrictions, anyone can upload in their stead.

Group Leader
@mendics We were on pace to catch up before the series ended, and our pace was planned to increase, everything was lining up for that. We were going to make an announcement in 2021. Also the twitter numbers are not the chapter numbers. What you see here is not partial. It is (almost) everything. There's still ch. 45 but Smiley is working on that now and it will be ready soon.

@TakeiDaloui "how come you ended up releasing all the chapters on here now?". He didn't. Some random person did, but published under his group. They just found his work that he had on facebook, downloaded it all and published it here. We don't assign culpability to Smiley, he was cooperating with us just fine.

Dex-chan lover
@urugiru @lilmagi Ah, thanks for both correcting me.
Sorry, I jumped a bit to conclusions there. Sorry about that.
(I see where my error came from now. I read the group name, not the uploader name)

Users who are viewing this thread